Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 who has shot the outback and the mighty mite >

who has shot the outback and the mighty mite

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

who has shot the outback and the mighty mite

Old 03-15-2004, 12:17 AM

Default who has shot the outback and the mighty mite

wanting to try out a shorter axle to axle bow---between the two is there anyone that is not parcial to either company that can give a honest opinion on these two bows---would the heavier outback be more quite and forgiving due to its overall wt and limb dampeners or would the lighter mighty mite be a better choice.i hate mathews handles which i know can be replaced or sanded down and there zebra strings suck.i know they are higher priced also.which one has a easier valley at full draw,i have also heard about diamonds line of bows---there michete series and glatiator series but know no one local who even sells them.there web site is suppose to be redone and running around the 15th.both series come with a optional easy draw came also--one produces 310 and the other 319 ibo rating.does anyone shoot there line by chance----to seek information is to seek good advise--thanks
Old 03-15-2004, 09:01 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who has shot the outback and the mighty mite

Do a search in the technical forum. There are tons of posts there on these two bows. Try to get out and shoot them both also, that will be your best bet.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have shot both bows. The major differences are in the mass weight of each bow and in the draw cycle. The mass weight of the outback is noticeably heavier than the MM VFT. This is a negative for those folks looking for a lightweight, shootable platform. It is a positive in that it helps reduce bow jump and increase stability.

The draw cycle on both bows is somewhat comparable. However, the valley on the Outback was much shorter, in my opinion, when in comparison to the MM VFT.

Speed was roughly comparable with a slight edge to the MM VFT.

Stock bow to stock bow noise levels are also roughly comparable.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:56 PM

Not that the Outback isnt a fine bow but after shooting both there was no question in my mind that the Mighy Mite was the bow for me. It had a much lighter mass weight. It drew much smoother and the valley was better. I really like the fine tune adjustments with the draw length and let off. Also the grip is very narrow, feels great! I also do not like the zebra strings. All this plus it was $100 dollars cheaper..
Old 03-16-2004, 06:48 AM

I have shot both and am now the very proud owner of a Mighty Mite. I owned am Mathews FX prior and it was a great bow but after shooting the Bowtechs I had to have one. You will not regret getting the Mighty Mite.
Greg.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I'd follow the recommendations of others here in that I would shoot both and make your choice. I did and picked the Outback. Outside of weight, they are very similar. The weight makes it more stable for me. I'm not totally bias because I previously owned a Mathews Legacy. But, at the time I bought it, I really liked the VFT also. My proshop carries both so it really doesn't matter to him which one I spend my money on.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:20 PM

I like them both. The outback suits me a little better because of the longer riser, but the mighty might's lighter weight i liked a little better. Id go shoot them both before you decide. For lots of walking and stalking i would say the mighty might, but for a treestand whitetail bow i would say the outback. You make the last decision though.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

i shot it. it came down to the hoyt x-tec or the outback, i chose the x-tec, but it was all good. they were both beastly bows
Old 03-27-2004, 07:57 AM

i have the mighty mite it is i nice bow i like but not in love with it i think iam goin to try the hoyt x-tec next
Old 03-27-2004, 10:46 PM

I've shot both and I'm also trying to decide which one. They both feel great but I'm leaning towards the outback. I just wish I had a dealer around me that carried both to compare them side by side. Good Luck. Let us know what you decide.

Quick Reply: who has shot the outback and the mighty mite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.