Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Fooled with a Tri-Van Rest Today >

Fooled with a Tri-Van Rest Today

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fooled with a Tri-Van Rest Today

Old 08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fooled with a Tri-Van Rest Today

Finally after a three month back-order dely from our original order at the ATA show, we got our first bunch of tri-van rests in. Fooled with them a bit over the last two weeks... haven't sold a one (and business is booming too)... so I decided to put one on a demo bow to show off what it can do.

Stuck it on a mission eliminator (sweet little bow for under $500 too by the way), adjusting the brushes for arrow diameter is a bit of a chore... four small screws and a semi- shaky adjustment screw... but she holds. Center shot is easy as a biscuit.... and nock height is out of the question because there is no adjustment for it to speak of.... at least I didn't fool with it to find out if there is one.... didn't need to.

The Eliminator shot absolute bullets with the thing. Its got a bit of a twang to it (the rest.... not the bow). And I think that maybe attributed to the springs on the disk part of the rest. For under $100 is a pretty good drop away.... and its pretty dummy proof. I'd give it a look if you are in the market.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Have you seen the Omega Elite made by Athens Archery. They have the same concept as the Tri Van, but looks a little more well built. Just wondering if anyone has used either of these new Biscuit Wanna B's ???
Old 08-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Have you seen the Omega Elite made by Athens Archery. They have the same concept as the Tri Van, but looks a little more well built. Just wondering if anyone has used either of these new Biscuit Wanna B's ???
biscuit wanna bS!!! Oh no you didn't!!!! lol

There's no comparison between either of these rests and the WB. There will be an Omega Elite on my Accomplice when it arrives. Hopefully end of this week and i'll give you a FULL review on it. Just by looking at the Tri Van and the Omega i can tell that I'll like the Omegas retainment (is that even a word??) better. No brushes to wear out!!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Have you put your hands on a tri-van yet?

I haven't seen an Omega Elite in person, though I have heard of Athen's Archery and that rest both. Its another offshoot company trying to emulate High Country or Elite .... which fed off bowtech..... which is really just a Darton... only made poorly.... though to BT's credit.. they got a good push from the binary cams and have really pushed the envelope with design and solidified themselves... Elite to a lesser extent.. HCA is waffling... heck they are all nearly the same bow.... just not as fast and without the 3 gpp warranty that HCA has. They look slick though, and I'm sure they'll perform fine if they can get dealers to back them. How quickly they get themselves into the hands of the shops is going to determine their fate. If they can survive the first four years.... then they will make it. Most companies like this fold in under three... at best they are acquisitioned by a larger company.... which is good for the owners and often bad for everyone else.

Last edited by SwampCollie; 08-05-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
Have you put your hands on a tri-van yet?

I haven't seen an Omega Elite in person, though I have heard of Athen's Archery and that rest both. Its another offshoot company trying to emulate High Country or Elite .... which fed off bowtech..... which is really just a Darton... only made poorly.... though to BT's credit.. they got a good push from the binary cams and have really pushed the envelope with design and solidified themselves... Elite to a lesser extent.. HCA is waffling... heck they are all nearly the same bow.... just not as fast and without the 3 gpp warranty that HCA has. They look slick though, and I'm sure they'll perform fine if they can get dealers to back them. How quickly they get themselves into the hands of the shops is going to determine their fate. If they can survive the first four years.... then they will make it. Most companies like this fold in under three... at best they are acquisitioned by a larger company.... which is good for the owners and often bad for everyone else.
Lots of assumptions about a company YOU know nothing about...
I just love all the bow bashers on these forums....never even touch the bows, but always have something crazy to say!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 909bowsniper
Lots of assumptions about a company YOU know nothing about...
I just love all the bow bashers on these forums....never even touch the bows, but always have something crazy to say!

Plenty more on your part my friend.

I've been around this business long enough to see lots of new companies sprout up and die, and quite a few too that have sprouted up and exploded with growth in just 6 or 7 years.

I never said the first bad thing about any of them (except bowtech... and if you want to deny that bowtech has had tons of limb issues and cam issues both... I've got a couple tomatoe case boxes of broken stuff at my shop to back my statement).

Just take a look at the Athen's bow.... assuming you have one already because it seems like most of this pro-field-shooting staff they have doesn't even have a bow yet..... the bow has the best components available.... barnsdales are unbeatable... WC is all I shoot on my bows..... the bow is obviously built like a tank... but if they cannot get them to dealers.... the overhead is going to drown them. Do you not agree with this????

Just the same though... its a binary cam bow... there is nothing unique or innovative about it.... heck.... High Country comes with the EXACT SAME FEATURES even. The issue is that HCA dealers are fairly few and far between. The latest new ownership of HCA seems to be, from talking with them, a really good bunch, and I hope they succeed. Same with Athens.

Seems to me you are mighty defensive their bro...
Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Plenty more on my part"

Sure, I 'm not the one bashing....nor have I ever bashed a bow company...

Lets just leave it and see what happens....and resume this convesation in 2 years

I was a plumbing contractor for 34 years, I know about new startups...and I have actually have a bow in my hands for the last 32 years...All Athens is about is quality, and knowing the owner "Jason" he will maintain the quality...

as for the rest of the argument.....I'll get back to ya in a couple of years.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Typical Buck

Calm down a little fellas, no need in ruffling feathers.

I to have seen many companies start with grand ideas only to quickly crumble. Most of them had an excelent product, at least in theory, but no real "plan". Or were not well organized in a business sence.

What I have seen from Athens thus far is positioning them to be a major player in the Archery industry. They are not just a bow maker. Athens has several products on the drawing board. They already have a top shelf bow in the Accomplice and a fine rest in the Omega Elite. They recently announce the Buck Commander series Quiver and Rellik line of sights. Both are very innovative products that will further carve their niche in the Industry.

The owner has years of experiance in manufacturing and knows what is needed to satisfy customers.

Will Athens survive and prosper as a company in a HIGHLY competitive industry? Only time can tell the answer to that. BUT from all the things I have seen this company will be here to stay for a LONG time. They have also formed a VERY good field staff! I have spoken with many of the staffers before I'd heard of Athens and to say that most are very accomplished archers and hunters is a severe understatement......myself not included

Now back to the original posts content.....

The TriVan Vanish looks like a very neat rest. I just don't care for brushes. Just something else I have to keep tuning/ replacing. The Omega doesn't have the brushes. When I get mine, I'll let you know what it works