Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fastest Bow

Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Fastest Bow

i would say top 2 are pse and the 82nd airbourne
Old 09-19-2008, 12:43 AM

X-Force is the fastest out there. But Ispoke with my local archery dealer and he said he won't even sell them, they have so much torque that you have to constantly have them in the shop for retuning. Not worth the money he said.
Speed does not make up for accuracy my friend, I would rather be shooting something that I know I will hit right on with then something that shoots 350FPS and might hit spot on one minute and then not the next.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 AM

Don't believe everthing you hear. I've owned a bunch of bows, including the Mathews XT, Bowtech Allegiance, Hoyt Vulcan, and Hoyt Katera XL; I shoot the X Force better than any bow I've owned, hand shock is non-existant, and it's the fastest as a bonus. As far as tuning, it paper tuned easily and Slick Trick broadheads have flown same POI as field points out to 60 yards.
Here is one of my 60 yard ST groups:

Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Ive heard the PSE is faster then the 82nd. But speed isnt everything. Like grunt11 said ive heard that there are alot of them (not all of them) but a lot that have to constantly be retuned. I have also here that both bows are a lot louder then some of there competition. I used to shoot a High Country that was tweaked to go so fast (around 330fps) and deer still duct the dam arrows cause it was loud is crap. Happy meadian is better then just all speed.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: im ocd

Don't believe everthing you hear. I've owned a bunch of bows, including the Mathews XT, Bowtech Allegiance, Hoyt Vulcan, and Hoyt Katera XL; I shoot the X Force better than any bow I've owned, hand shock is non-existant, and it's the fastest as a bonus. As far as tuning, it paper tuned easily and Slick Trick broadheads have flown same POI as field points out to 60 yards.
I hear alot more positives about the XForce than anything else. More than one person has noted that for such a barn burner, it draws smooth and is virtually shock free.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: im ocd

I hear alot more positives about the XForce than anything else. More than one person has noted that for such a barn burner, it draws smooth and is virtually shock free.
I don't believe everything dealers say

The dealer I purchased my X Force from said the bow did not live up to the speed; he also sells Hoyt, and I've bought 3 Hoyts there. I called and asked about the X Force's speed and he said it wouldn't be much faster than my Hoyt, maybe 10 fps. He said I was welcome to come shoot it. I did, and it was 20 fps faster than the Katera XL (Z cams) that I had. I did not expect to shoot it as well or better than the Katera XL, I just liked having a blazing fast bow. To my utter suprise I shot it as well and better than the Katera, the sound of discharge was comparable, as was hand shock. I ended up selling the Katera XL and getting a second X Force, to my dealers utter surprise. I'm very happy with the X Force.It works for me.[8D]

Old 09-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Spike

The x-force is faster

[hr]

07 Bowtech Tribute 70#
Easton Axis N-Fused w/100gr 2-Blade RAGE
Spott Hog Sight
STS string stopper
Trophy Ridge Dropzone Rest
Doinker Stabilizer,string splitter,kisser button
286 Fps
[align=right]
[/align]
Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I have owned the Black Max, Black Knight2, Iron Mace, Synergy, Black Mamba, an XForce6 and now the 82nd.
I shot the GTO, and although not as fast as my 82nd, I probably would have bought one but, did not like the wait period for a Lefty.
The APA Black Mamba was the fastest outta the box I have owned and the 82nd and XForce6 were about dead even in speed although I didn't care for the draw of the XForce.
The 82nd is the one I shoot now and really like the way it draws, holds, and looks compared to the APA.
When I went home on R&R, I was getting 326 FPS (350gr @ 28.5"/70 lbs) outta it before I had it re-stringed and tuned by Mike Carter.....should be even faster now.