Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Release

Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 AM

Default Release

What kind of release do you guys recommend?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:03 AM
NWA
Spike

Default RE: Release

I have always used a Tru-Fire release. I am using the Judge and the New 360 lock back. I think the Orig. Judge feels better in the hand but I really like the lock back feature of the new model. I'm sure you will get quite a few opinoins on this one.

Nick
Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

are any of the tru fires better for a string loop? I have one of the tru fires but its almost like the trigger is to far forward. Shoots fine, but I want one with the trigger a tad back so i can get my whole finger around it almost

Old 09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Carter Quickie 1+.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

can't go wrong with a scott. a little pricy, but the quality is worth it. my dad still shoots with the same scott release he bought nineteen years ago, still slingin arrows. i'll never use anything else
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Spike

I use a scott also i like the fact that theres no velcro
Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I have been using a Fletcher FlatHead wrist release for 2 years now and am really liking it.
Small caliper head, crisp release at the touch of the trigger, not too expensive, and an awesome customer service......seems to work really well for me.

Ilike the TruFire 3D Hunter hand held release for target shooting.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

michael,

I know I may get some arguments but every since fast-flight strings were introduced, I have used a rope release. While it does take some getting used to, especially in hunting situations, I have found it is easier on the serving and it is the smoothest release there is. Most target archers, who use releases, use rope releases, so that should say something. But that's jmo.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-27-2008, 02:31 PM

For the money it's worth it, don't go cheap get a Carter Chocolate addiction what a sweet release and you can clip it to your string loop and never have to worrying about finding your loop in the dark
Old 09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have atleast a dozen different quality wrist strap releases laying around here these days and my all-time fav is still the TRU Ball Short-N-Sweet S2 model.

Quick Reply: Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.