" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the fastest bow?????? >

What is the fastest bow??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the fastest bow??????

Old 03-11-2004, 05:16 PM

Default What is the fastest bow??????

Who makes the fastest bow and what is it. I have heard of 100lb draw bows, how fast are they? Whats the difference with IBO and AMO rating. which one is closer to what you would really shoot?
Old 03-11-2004, 05:31 PM

Default RE: What is the fastest bow??????

I saw a bow that shoots either 340 fps or 430 fps. It was a Mathew's.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:44 PM

The fastest bows on the market today I think would be the Bowtech line. The fastest Bowtech would be the Black Knight, Which has an IBO rating of 350.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

For pure speed.......The fastest production bow on the market right now is the BowTech Black Knight.......350+fps
At the ATA show we had one at 70#, 29" with a 350gr arrow shooting consistently between 340-342fps with the factory hush kit,and brass nock set.(5 3/4" brace height) That's 29"/ 342fps.[:-]

Pound for pound the fastest bow is probably the BowTech "Patriot Dually" which will shoot in the 330's.....the 30"/70# we had was shooting 332fps for me with a hush kit,brass nock set and 3 eliminator buttons. The kicker? a measured 7 5/8" brace height. There are bows from other manufacturers that might shoot in the 330+ range but they aren't doing it with a brace height anywhere near this bad boy.

My BowTech Pro38 Dual Cam (2001) was shooting 336fps at 30"/70# (loop only) 6 5/8" brace height.

You guys seeing a theme here?

They also have the Patriot single cam in the 320's at 7" brace height.

Then we can get into the prototype model that was being played with at the show......everything measured by Norb Mullaney himself. 29"/69.7# 350gr arrow.......364fps. 5 3/4" brace height.

One thing you have to remember about 100lb bows and such, if you still shoot the bow at 5grs/lb of draw weight it is going to be shooting very similar speeds as their 70# cousins......they're just doing it with much heavier arrows and hitting a WHOLE LOT harder.

Also speed isn't everything, but when you load bows like these up with some heavy arrows you have an unreal combo of Kinetic Energy and shootability.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:27 PM

I saw in person a new High Country Carbon bow shoot consistently in the 350+ range through the chrono. That was at 70 lbs, and 30" draw. I know they say that they are the fastest bows in the world. I only believe it because I got to see it in person. I believe the personal best out of that bow that day was 354. That's pretty damn fast!

Old 03-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ahhhhh Bowhunter Chris,
You have fallen for the 5gpi deal.....that's not the same as 5grs/lb.
High Country is warrantying (is that a word?) their bows to shoot super light arrows of their own make that only weight 5grs. per inch and that's the secret behind the speed. These finished arrows come in well below 5grs per lb of draw weight which the industry standard when talking IBO speed ratings.
More power to them but not my cup of tea, and that's not the same as IBO speed rating which is a 30"/70#/350gr combination.

To give you an example, just for the heck of it we stripped an arrow down to 300grs at the show and fired it thru the chrono from that Prototype bow. This arrow is still heavier than the finished High Country arrow and it shot 392fps at 69.7#/29".[:-]
Old 03-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Then we can get into the prototype model that was being played with at the show......everything measured by Norb Mullaney himself. 29"/69.7# 350gr arrow.......364fps. 5 3/4" brace height.

Now you tell me.

I saw in person a new High Country Carbon bow shoot consistently in the 350+ range through the chrono. That was at 70 lbs, and 30" draw. I know they say that they are the fastest bows in the world. I only believe it because I got to see it in person. I believe the personal best out of that bow that day was 354. That's pretty damn fast!
I think High Country is shooting these bows at less than 5 grains/lb though. They are touting their new carbon bows as being able to shoot 375 fps, but doing it with like 3.5 grains/lb. You also have to buy their carbon arrows to get those kinds of speeds if I'm not mistaken.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:20 PM

Yes, that was with their own arrows that it shot like that. I can tell you that when it shot an everyday arrow, such as a beman, the speed dropped to somewhere around 300. It definately wasn't quite as fast. I'm not a speed freak, so a speed bow isn't something I'm into. It was just pretty cool to see a bow shoot over 350fps.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

To give you an example, just for the heck of it we stripped an arrow down to 300grs at the show and fired it thru the chrono from that Prototype bow. This arrow is still heavier than the finished High Country arrow and it shot 392fps at 69.7#/29".
[]

That is just ridiculous speed. I am somewhat shocked.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:16 AM

I saw the HCA carbon bow at the Harrisburg,PA. show.I also shot it myself,and it chrono at 372 fps.It was set-up with their Speed Pro Max arrows at 5.5grs per inch.So I was thinking,what if I got the Speed Pros and used them with my LX?With my 30in.draw,I'd might get something like 315-320fps.So I gave Len a call and he brought a very good point.If you go buy a new Corvette and red line it every time you shift,how long will it last?I think I'll stick with the ACC's or Goldtips...Bob

Quick Reply: What is the fastest bow??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.