Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore? >

Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

I USE A REGULAR NORMAL OLD SCHOOL REST-NOW I GOT A BUDDY THAT HAD A WHISKER BISCUT AND IT RAINED AND THEN GOT COLD ENOUGH TO WHERE THE DAMN THING FROOZE UP--EVER SINCE THEN HELL THROW THE ARROW B4 USING ONE OF THEM ---SO HE SAYS--BUT I LIKE MY EVERYDAY NORMAL REST TIME ARE TOUGH AND I REALLY DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO FILL MY WANTS RIGHT NOW SO I DEAL WITH WHAT I GOT, THANKS FELLAS
Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM

I GOT AN EVERYDAY OLD REST AND LOVE IT--NOW MY LONG TIME BUDDY HAS OR SHOULD I SAY HAD A WHISKER BISCUT AND LOVED IT UNTILL IT RAIN AND HE STAYED IN THE STAND AND THE TEMP DROPED AND IT FROZE ON HIM NOW HE'LL THROW AN ARROW B4 USEING ONE OF THEM BISCUTS, ANYONE EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THEM WHEN THEY GET WET? ALSO IN TODAYS TIMES I DONT GOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR MY WANTS JUST DEALING WITH WHAT I GOT FOR NOW....
Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM

It is the only rest I've used in four years of hunting...four years andnine deer, I say it works.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM

my brother just picked this up and loves it. It holds tight like a biscuit but doesn't tear up the fletches. I laughed at first because it looks like nothing more than three tooth brushes, but it works well.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I GOT AN EVERYDAY OLD REST AND LOVE IT--NOW MY LONG TIME BUDDY HAS OR SHOULD I SAY HAD A WHISKER BISCUT AND LOVED IT UNTILL IT RAIN AND HE STAYED IN THE STAND AND THE TEMP DROPED AND IT FROZE ON HIM NOW HE'LL THROW AN ARROW B4 USEING ONE OF THEM BISCUTS, ANYONE EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THEM WHEN THEY GET WET? ALSO IN TODAYS TIMES I DONT GOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR MY WANTS JUST DEALING WITH WHAT I GOT FOR NOW....
IF and when it rains and is cold enough to freeze the bisquit enough to effect arrow flight, then there are several other things on the bow that you better check first, before taking a shot. IF there's ice build up on the bristles of a WB, then there's also ice on the string and wheels, enough so to be dangerous to shoot. AND if it's get so bad to build up on a WB, then there would've been ice build up on any other rest on the market, wonder what how well a drop away would funtion in the same situation?

I've used the WB for several years, and won't change it. Accuaracy is NOT an issue. the blazers are great fletchings, and are just the ticket with the WB.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: H20hound

my brother just picked this up and loves it. It holds tight like a biscuit but doesn't tear up the fletches. I laughed at first because it looks like nothing more than three tooth brushes, but it works well.

what is this rest called?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: petrey10

Hostage

And I currently use a WB and like the ease of mind when doing so. I am starting to see my 4'' vanes warp so my next dozen arrows will be blazers.

But I am truely interested in the QAD drop away, seems like a quality piece just alittle pricey.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice sceen name.

For hunting with no target shooting it is the foolproof way to go.

Even on a capture drop-a-way, if you lay the bow on your lap the arrow will rattle around. I almost bought
a QAD, but it seems like it makes more noise to me (a click) as it releases and has a lot of moving parts.
The WB gets the job done. It's fairly quiet, not quite but almost as accurate as a drop-away, and has no
moving parts or something to screw up. For those that don't require the latest and greatest and
aren't into target shooting, it is a great choice.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Actually, this is the Diamond Octaneâ„¢ Hostage Pro Arrow Rest

It gives you the arrow-holding confidence of a full-capture rest, without inhibiting or damaging your fletching as your arrow passes through. Adjustable for fine tuning any set-up. Adjustable brushes, precision vertical and horizontal adjustments and a top-loading large capture area that handles the tallest fletching without contact. CNC machined 6061 aluminum construction. Color: Black.

Everyone seems to carry it for the same price no matter where you go in the Internet...$69.99

------------------------------

ORIGINAL: petrey10

Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some may say it is dumb, but i shoot 3d with my wb. ive shot dropaways for the past five years but when i bought my newbow this year i decided i was tired of messing with drop awaysand i was going to try a wb. im a believer of it now. i will never "hunt" with a different stylerest. im sure i will find something else to shoot 3d's with next year but as of right now im shooting great. sure i may be a little better on the course with a different rest but i seem to shoot just fine with it. i shoot somewhere different almost every weekend and i probably sling around 250-300 arrows per week through it nad mine still isnt torn up. ive been shooting with it since march and the whiskers are still in good shape.