Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore? >

Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

I have been iffy about this rest. I am going to be buying a new bow and I am really considering this rest. Do you all shoot the short vanes or will 4" work? I am not really a fan of the shorter vanes. Also I see there is a product to spray the rest incase it gets wet. Is this necessary if you hunt in the rain or just another gimmick?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I used a Biscuit for 2 years then switched to a Ripcord dropaway. I found that while the Biscuit is absolutely fool-proof (and very advantageous if your still hunting) it made a lotof noise when I was drawing down on a deer (shaft scraping aginst the fibers)and a louod nouse when the fletchings pass through the fiber hole. Being silent is the second most important thing to me during a hunt (behind not being smelled). I like the Ripcord. Very simple. Has a lock bar so the arrow can't come off. But I ALWAYS keep my Biscuit in my case just in case.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MB77

I have been iffy about this rest. I am going to be buying a new bow and I am really considering this rest. Do you all shoot the short vanes or will 4" work? I am not really a fan of the shorter vanes. Also I see there is a product to spray the rest incase it gets wet. Is this necessary if you hunt in the rain or just another gimmick?
I use 4 inch Duravanes and they work just fine. I never have had the need to spray anything on the bisquit. Mine has gotten wet on many occasions, never affected it in the least.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

I've been a biscuit fan since they came out.Up against a wall with it now.I bought a Mathews S2 this spring and for the life of me , I can't get it to paper tune.Arrow spine is right but I can't seem to get the left tail kick out.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MB77

Yeah the 4" vanes shoot great with the biscuit, no problem with performance, but mine started warping a little so I switched to the blazers. No warping yet. I too was very skeptical about the blazers before I shot them, but I swear they shoot better than 4" vanes, at least out of my bow. I'll never switch back to 4" vanes.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

I still do. I switched to 2" blazer vanes last year because the longer 4" vanes were startin to warp a little. A guy told me it was because of the friction from the whisker biscuit. Now with the shorter vanes, no problems at all. I've shot some other rests, like the drop aways, and I like how they shoot, but I know if I got in the woods and had a shot at a nice buck, the arrow would slip off and I'd be pissed. Wouldn't wanna have to keep strugglin to keep an arrow on it, that's just me. I just like being able to nock an arrow when I first get to my stand and keep it in and not worry about having to make sure its up on the rest.
exactly.... i have been shooting blazers out of mine for 3 year now... shoots great.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

i always put a dab of chapstick on my arrow when hunting. That really quiets it down with the bisquit. I have tried dropaways and they arent for me.

rick

Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

I still us mine!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

I still use the WB, I have it on both of my bows. great hunting rest. I shoot 4 inch feathers and have no problems.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM

Best thing since sliced bread. Been using a biscuit for years.

Bugs.

Quick Reply: Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.