Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one? >

I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Old 05-18-2006, 08:25 PM

Default I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Okay, so I've decided to try a whisker biscuit and will head over to the proshop sometime next month to have them help me put it on and try it out/tune it.

But, I'm looking through the Cabelas catalog and it looks like when I get to the pro shop my choices will be the original WB, the original quickshot, the droptine quickshot, and the deluxe quickshot. I'm willing to invest up to the $55 it takes for the deluxe if its worth it, but can anyone help me decide which I should choose? What are the pros/cons of each?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

I am not a fan of the whisker biscuit forpersonal reasons, but they are a excellent rest. My advice go to a pro shop and try a few out on your bow and see which one you like the best, then buy it!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I elk hunt with a few guys that all use WB's and they swear by them. They all use different ones, so perhaps it all comes down to personal choice more than anything. All three of these guys are top notch archers, and one is a former national champ 3D shooter so the WB must not be too bad.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get the Deluxe QS, it has vertical adjustability that the others don't, and this will come in handy when you are tuning!! And make sure you get either the aluminum or carbon style, depending on which arrows you shoot!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am not a fan of the whisker biscuit forpersonal reasons, but they are a excellent rest.
That sound like a contradiction to me. Could you explain?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Spike

All models function the same and will shoot the same. Just make sure you get a newer style biscuit that has the black fibers at the bottom and brown elsewhere. You now have several sizes of biscuits (hole size) to choose from. Get the one that offers decent clearance for your arrows. It's not a huge issue, since you can remove the biscuit and make it slightly larger by bending it.

As for model, the Deluxe offers veritcal adjustment AND a set-screw to keep it from twisting around the mounting bolt.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure, I prefer a drop away rest any day of the week, I like them the best because they don't slow your arrow down, they are so east to tune, and you don't have to worry about fletching clearence problems. The biscuit is hard on fletchings, no matter what type you have and they do slow your arrow down some. The biscuit is not always the most easy to tune, and I have heard storys about them freezing up incold wet weather, but I know that could happen to some dropaways too. For beginers I realy like and recomend the biscuit,once set upand tuned its easy and fool proof.Like I said it is a excellent rest, but its not my choice, some likethem some don't.My bows allhave a drop away, but that not saying that all the other types of rests are bad and should not be used. Most of the rests on the market are excellent rest, and we each pick and choose one over the other for personal reasons. That is why I said I am not a fan of them but they are a excellent rest.Clear as mud?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The biscuit is hard on fletchings, no matter what type you have
You're wrong on this one, I've got hundreds of shots through my WB with my blazer fletched arrows, without even a wrinkle!!
they do slow your arrow down some.
Not enough to make a shot out beyond arrow flight to matter!!
I have heard storys about them freezing up incold wet weather, but I know that could happen to some dropaways too
Yip, if it's that darn cold out that the WB is freezing, you've probably got a lot more things to worry about, like ice on the string and cable, your arrow!!! You're right, if it's cold enough to freeze the whiskers, than youcan bet you're drop away would be froze up too!!
We really don't want to go down the WB discussion again, do we?

Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I am not a fan of the whisker biscuit forpersonal reasons, but they are a excellent rest.
Maybe a Whisker bisquit once stole his girl?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy the delux version with the vertical and horizontal adjustment marks. I had mine tuned in 6 shots. Easiest to tune and most reliable hunting rest on the market. After tuning mine properly I purposely shot the same arrow 150 times with absolutely no damage whatsoever to a Blazer vaned arrow. If you are worried about losing 1-3 fps because of this style rest then take off your string silencers and replace them with an STS and you will be actually faster with this setup.

Quick Reply: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.