Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sims S-coil and Muzzy Zero Effect >

Sims S-coil and Muzzy Zero Effect

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sims S-coil and Muzzy Zero Effect

Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Spike

Default Sims S-coil and Muzzy Zero Effect

I just purchased a Sims S-coil and a Muzzy Zero Effect fall away rest for my Mathews Legacy online.Does anyonehave an opinion about any one of these items? I was wondering if I made the right choices. Honest answers please. Thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Default RE: Sims S-coil and Muzzy Zero Effect

I have the SIMS S-coil....I love it. I like all the SIMS products. I use the leeches and the limbsavers too. I bought the smaller camo version of the S-coil last fall. Works like a charm. I don't know anything about the rest though, sorry.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look down at the last thread on this page... I think you'll find all the opinions about the Muzzy Zero Effect you'll need!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the s-coil and use it on my bow. The muzzy zero effect I had on a bow and didn't really like it very much.
It's possible I didn't give it a good chance as that was my very first dropaway and didn't know what to expect or set it up properly.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

S-coil works great. The muzzy is not a bad rest. I just got one last week but after playing with it I decided to stick with what has worked in the past, my trusty Whisker Biscuit.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The s coil I havent used but the muzzy is without a doubt the best rest I have ever used. I will say I havent tried a whiskerbiscuit but I dont want anything touching my fletching at all and the muzzy doesnt. I bought one of the first MZE that came out and still have it on my bow not one problem ever. I also purchased one for my backup bow still no problems. I just started my wife into shooting she also has one on her bow. One of the easiest rests to tune I have ever worked with and I have been in archery since 1964.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used the Zero Effect several years ago right after they were first introduced. Other than the overall size of the rest I really did not have anything negative to say about it. I did prefer its linkage system to many of the others currently on the market.

The S-coil is something I currently use and have been using since they debuted. It is refreshing when an archery company comes out with a piece of equipment that actually bucks the trend towards the more expensive without compromising real performance. This stabilizer works and works well for considerably less than many stabilizers on the market.

Good choices in my opinion.