Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Zero Effect

Old 10-13-2004, 03:08 AM
TDH

Default Muzzy Zero Effect

What do you think about the rest? Do you think it is tuff enough to take some punishment.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:23 AM
Spike

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect

The Muzzy Zero Effect is a great fall a way rest that is fool proof once set up and is extremely rugged. Since it relies on your cable/string to move, it is forced down with no chance of any fletching clearance problems. I have had mine for over a year and have no complaints at all. I really like how the rest cradles the arrow and allows for shots that couldn't be taken with normal rests without fear of the arrow falling off. It's been a very solid performer for me.

Live every day on purpose,
Jim
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect

I used a MZE on my Q2XL and liked it UNTIL I went hunting with it and the hook on the rest became caught on something pulling it down. I didn't notice untill I got in my stand. I moved it back where I thougt it was but who knows. A deer never showed up that day. When It got home I test fired it and was off by around 3 inches at 20yds. Not that bad but not great either. The only other gripe I had was it a little tricky to adjust and a Mathews quiver will Not fit with a MZE installed. a kwickee quiver will fit though. I now use the "QAD Ultimate rest" I think its the best drop away on the market. Good luck Jim