Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G >

Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

Old 05-08-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

I installed a Muzzy zero effect next generation PCon my Bowtech Allegiance. My question is about the fletching hit the hook craw arm or the shelf depending if the cock van is up or down. The Proshop and I have made some adjustments and the vans still get curled and waved very badly. I use NAP Quik Spin vans and they are the worst compared to the duravan and those are a mess. I contacted Muzzy and they were very quick to help and I tried their suggestions and it's still doing it.
Any solution to what is wrong with it?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

First thing you need to do is determine if you are hitting the rest arm or the arrow shelf itself........if you're hitting the arrow shelf you've got BOW tune problems, not rest related ones.

Get some powder foot spray or lipstick and start playing. Coat the rest arm and arrow shelf and see what's hitting what.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 AM

When I shoot the arrow with the cock van up the outer van hits the arm of the rest about an inch or more above the horizontal of the rest. In the cock van down position it hits the shelf. We sped up the drop of the rest and it still will hit. The nock is at the right heigth according the instructions too. ?????
Old 05-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

In the cock van down position it hits the shelf.
That's your problem.......

You have the nock point set up according to WHAT instructions?

With the good nock travel of the binary cam bows, even if you are shooting the largest fletching available you shouldn't be hitting the arrow shelf.
Also how are you sure that it's the shelf that you are hitting in the down position?

Set the nock point so that your arrow is dead level and centered with the rest mounting holes. In other words give the bow a level tune.
My guess is that you are simply too far down the string to start with on your nock set.
I start at that point with every binary cam bow I own and have set up and have yet to stray at all on nock set location.

Both points of contact you describe tell me that your sending the arrow away with a launch position that is too low. You should never hit the arrow shelf.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:21 AM

You have the nock point set up according to WHAT instructions?
the ones that are on the Muzzy DVD instruction a lining the arrow at the bottom of holes in the riser which I think we did but I'll double check with a level again tonight.

Does it hurt to have the nock an 1/8 " higher than the rest at full draw? Some fall away types have some instruction to do this in certain apps.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unless there is some restriction on the leverage capability of the Zero Effect NG get the arrow up considerably higher.........If they are recommending that the arrow be that low to start in the instructionsthen they are trying to work around the limitations of the rest.

Skip the 1/8" high on these bows......Level tune, even with the holes......or at the very least get the arrow up high enough that the vanes aren't contacting the arrow shelf or the rest arm.But keep the tune level.It doesn't sound like you are giving the rest enough travel in either direction?
Too low at launch and then too high at rest combined with a low nock set.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:47 PM

maybe the bottom of the arrow with the bottom of the holes is what they meant?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:40 PM

gibblet you're probably right on. That's what I'm going to do this evening when I get home. I could swear though I checked that twice.[>:]
Old 05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

I had this rest before and dvd and they use a Mathews to demonstrate the setup. One cams don't have true level nock travel like two cams do. Also check your arrow spine if your vanes are hitting the side of the rest arm. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

I have never used a Muzzy rest although they interest me. As for nock travel not being level on a one cam bow.............I will hold my tongue best I can. The last two one cam bows I have owned(Martin Cougar Magnum with fusion cam and my current Bowtech Patriot with infinity cam) shoot bullet holes and are set up best using EXACTLY the same nocking point as my past dual cam bows. Mine always works out to nearly exactly 3/16" above the bottom of the arrow upon the rest. String creep and/or cam timing being off accounts for unlevel nock travel IMO.

Quick Reply: Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.