Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sims S-Coil Stabilizer >

Sims S-Coil Stabilizer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sims S-Coil Stabilizer

Old 08-26-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Sims S-Coil Stabilizer

Just for the heck of it I was toying with the idea of getting a new stabilizer. The Doinker 4 rod was nice but man that thing is heavy.......so anyways I am at Gander Mountain today and I was grabbing some Blazer vanes and whiskers when I noticed the Sims S-Coil stabilizer for $14.99........checked it out and liked the weight so of course for that price I grabbed one. Replaced the heavy Doinker and I couldn't be happier........dropped some weight off the front end and holds just as steady.......and no change in the way the bow feels at the shot.........if anything it is better.

The camo pattern is a little lame but who cares...........great product for $15 that is for sure!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sims S-Coil Stabilizer

I have one on my Diamond and plan on using it for hunting this year. It works with my setup but not quite as well as the modular or E2000 in terms of noise/vibration reduction. But then again, for the price.....

Old 08-27-2005, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I have one on my Diamond and plan on using it for hunting this year. It works with my setup but not quite as well as the modular or E2000 in terms of noise/vibration reduction. But then again, for the price.....

I have never used the sims modular setup so I can't compare........the Doinker 4 rod is all I ever had on my Patriot and while it did it's job it was HEAVY and I just wanted to try a lighter one. I will shoot again in about an hour an see if I can tell a difference in feel at all.........yesterday I could not.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen these in the stores on a couple occasions and was caught by the price. When you consider that the stabilizer is priced right around some of the limb savers it just seems too good to be true. Sims seems to charge a premium for their product. Hmm, maybe I'll pickup one for my backup bow. It'd take a lot to replace my stealth on my main bow though!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:01 AM

Just shot about 20 arrows with my brother and I am liking the Sims more and more.........my Patriot has always been dead in my hand at the shot and no change there. Holds just as steady and shoots clean out to 40...........basically no change over the Doinker except a lot less weight.

Absolute steal at $14.99
Old 08-27-2005, 10:17 AM

I've got one on my Martin Jaguar and I absolutely love it.

I used a cheap-o Allen that I picked up on clearance from Wally World last summer and when I put the S-Coil on my Martin this spring I couldn't beleive the difference it made.

For this price this is deffinitly an amazing product.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put one on my Vipertec. I love it and can't wait to see what else simms comes out with.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

love mine. Works great with my Might Mite and have one on my Samson as well. Tough to eliminate the shock on that baby though.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

I've got one on my Victory,and I love it too!I compared it against a vibracheck Icon,a solid metal PSE with a stabilizer enhancer,and a golden key tranquilizer.S-coil was the best.Suprisingly the solid metal PSE w/the stabilizer enhancer was next best,then the tranquilizer,and lastly the Icon.Like everyone else is sayin for $15 you can't beat it!
Old 08-27-2005, 01:23 PM

I put one on my Razortec 2 weeks ago and noticed less hand shock right off the bat. I got mine at Gander Mtn too. Too good to walk by. I just wish the Alpha shox would go on sale.

Quick Reply: Sims S-Coil Stabilizer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.