Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadheads

Old 07-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Spike

Default RE: Broadheads

I shoot an older Golden Eagle, about 12 years old. A buddy sold it to me to replace my Person Spoiler. It has been well taken care of. It is set at 70 lbs at a 30 inch draw with a 60% let off. The string is about 3 years old. Don't knowthe name but it's black and white striped.I just had my pro shop put on a WB, Trophy Ridge Pendulum and a Alpine Soft Loc quiver. I shoot carbonGold Tips with blazers and 100 gr. Thunderheads. I just bought some Grim Reapers and might try the 2 blade Rage or fixed 3 blade Muzzys. I don't know what kind of stabalizer I have but am looking to replace it too. Any sugestions what kind for a older bow? Right now it's a plunger type. It shoots fine but I think it is a little noisy. I am thinking it's the sight!!I will shoot better with more practice. I think I can find a place with a chronograph. I also want to paper tune it. I know I should invest in a new bow but you'd have to know my situation. Doing the best with what I got.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM

STABILIZERS: limbsaver s-coil...does enough but doesn't break the wallet 15-20$...noise....try limbsaverultra quad..15-20$ for two on the bows limbs but they make all kinds of sizes for split and solid limbs and really small ones that can be placed on the quiver or even the side of your sight. most stabilizers work off the same principles anyway...some do it better and faster than others depending on material used. good string silencers will help also. If the stablilzer seems to be doing ok..(which it prob is) leave it. if it's the old school concrete looking thing, i would switch. STS System may help also, it looks and works sort of like the new hoyt string silencers, but high $45-55 dollar range...it's a device that prevents the string from over extending forward after the shot..i haven't had a chance to use it...but it has a great idea behind it.

ALWAYS....GOOD HUNTING
Old 07-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Get the new
Old 07-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tenpointer65

I shoot an older Golden Eagle, about 12 years old. A buddy sold it to me to replace my Person Spoiler. It has been well taken care of. It is set at 70 lbs at a 30 inch draw with a 60% let off. The string is about 3 years old. Don't knowthe name but it's black and white striped.I just had my pro shop put on a WB, Trophy Ridge Pendulum and a Alpine Soft Loc quiver. I shoot carbonGold Tips with blazers and 100 gr. Thunderheads. I just bought some Grim Reapers and might try the 2 blade Rage or fixed 3 blade Muzzys. I don't know what kind of stabalizer I have but am looking to replace it too. Any sugestions what kind for a older bow? Right now it's a plunger type. It shoots fine but I think it is a little noisy. I am thinking it's the sight!!I will shoot better with more practice. I think I can find a place with a chronograph. I also want to paper tune it. I know I should invest in a new bow but you'd have to know my situation. Doing the best with what I got.
You might want to get that string changed. Also, as WV mentioned you might want to try a STS or a MeanV CSS. Witha STSI was able to remove my string silencers and it quiets the bow down and remove vibration.