Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

black ice opinions

Old 07-10-2007, 09:03 AM

Default black ice opinions

Ive got a chance to buy a new black ice at a real good price. I had an allegiance last year and after I shot it for about two months a six inch splinter came up on the bottom limb. Im not gonna blame bowtech cause I bought the bow second hand. I got rid of it and shot a little high country till now. Has anybody had any problems with the black ice or know of any downside to them.

Thanks
Tim
Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: black ice opinions

Lots of good talk about the Black Ice on here. Supposedly one of the best single cam hunting bows. Do a search to see other opinions.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the black ice right before I purchased my guardian. Personally I loved the bow (although not as much as the guardian). It felt light in my hand and I loved the draw cycle not to mention the fact that it has decent speed. As far as you're concerned all I can say is shoot one and see for yourself. What feels right for me may not necessarily feel right for you. Overall I think it's a fantasic bow and if the price is low enough it may be hard to pass up.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:23 PM

I would tell my best friend to get one.
It's the best single cam I've shot in a long time.
Check the other posts on here for more details or PM me and I'll
give you my impressions.
One accessory that I would recommend you add is a MeanV CSS.
The bow is pretty light and it will eliminate the little string buzz that is there.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Black Ice has the best grip I've ever felt on any bow, period. Combine that with all its other great attributes, and this is one little jewel of a bow. I believe it came in second to the Guardian in an independent test of just about every top bow out there, and that included every high-end bow by every manufacturer.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

I shot the guardien, vetrix, parker trailblazer, Diamond Triumph and I absolutly love the Black Ice. I just ordered one and will be picking it up at the end of the month.