Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Guardian vs Tribute or Allegiance >

Guardian vs Tribute or Allegiance

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Guardian vs Tribute or Allegiance

Old 01-24-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Guardian vs Tribute or Allegiance

Anyone have some good input on this situation? Im in a split decision over what new bow toget this year. I have an 06 Allegiance and am debating on one of the three any good suggestions? Have heard some not so good things about the Guardian . Stuff with the stiff draw ? The Allegiance hasnt changed much since 06 except with the 1/4 lb weight difference and the tribute and the guardian are about the same bow by the specs except for the length. Any comments? Thanks Scott
Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guardian vs Tribute or Allegiance

Ach< i can see someone comparing the Allegiance and the Tribute, as they'requite similar bows in design. However to compare the Tribute with the Guardianis comparing apples tooragnes.
The Guardian is completely different, deflex riser design withpivot limbs.
Don't compare the specs of these bows, it will not tell you what you're looking for. Thebest thing to do is to shoot the bows.
As for the draw cycle being stiff. You may have misunderstood this a bit.The Allegiance & Tribute fitted with the 'speed cams'cameacross that way, until of course you get the hang of it, then that situation sort of disappears.
But on the Guardian, providing you'repulling your draw weight, and this is the weight you comfortable with, you will have absolutely no problem cycling that bow.
Shoot 'em for yourself!

Old 01-25-2007, 03:05 PM

I just traded in my 06 Tribute for a new Guardian last night. I shot the all the 07 Bowtechs and decided on the Guardian. It is a little quiter out of the box and more forgiving. I was shooting half dollar groups after 10 shots at 20 yards.

Shoot them all that is the best advice. I had all three there and shot them back to back to back. You will isntantly discover why some prefer the Tribute or Allegiance as they all have different feels.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 PM

I too tried all 3 & went w/the Tribute. The Guardian, I found, had a harder pull than the Tribute. As for noise, by far the Guardian was the quietest, but after a sts & limbsavers, the Tribute should be as quiet. I quess it's what ea person likes. I absolutely love the parallel limbs.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the p[ost I'll keep them i mind hope I get to shoot 'em all as well
Old 01-28-2007, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Man You got an 06 and your looking for a new bow?? WOW Get the guardian so I can get it from you next year at half the price. LOL Im still shootong my 10 year old mathews feathermax that said I did buy the boy a guardian a few weeks ago. Great bow IMHO
Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Hell I sold my o6 tribute that I bought for 599 last ear for 515. didnt thing that was to bad of a deal
Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 AM

The decision was not very easy for me. The Guardian and the Tribute and the Allegiance are very different. I decided, I could not decide and bought 2 of the three. Interesting comments on the draw cycle of the Guardian, I also found it pretty tough for a 60-70 lb bow turned all the way up to 71. However, per the direction of the owner of the shop, he turned it down to 68 lbs. and the draw was as good, if not better than the Allegiance. For whatever reason, there is a big difference.

There is a defect in the Guardian, that was easily remedied. The string sits on a smooth part of the cam at full draw and slips off that onto a bolt for the module if you overdraw. My pro-shop put a piece of rubber tubing and heated over the bolt so there is no creaking noise. They said all of those that they sold do that if you overdraw. I am sure Bowtech will lengthen the bolt or smooth it and my buddies at the shop will fix it for me then.

The Allegiance shoots, and the arrows are like darts. I grouped them both just as well when I purchased them. Bare, the Allegiance had noticeable vibration, hand shock and noise. With a fuse stabilizer, it was basically gone, with some there. I will say, my Guardian is heavy. Noticeably compared to the Allegiance. The Tribute had less hand shock than the Allegiance, but weighs exactly what the Guardian does. So, I decided on an Allegiance and a Guardian. Love them both for different things. If I had to choose one, I don't think I could as evidenced. They all shoot radically different, and if you are someone that has certain likes/dislikes, you will feel t right away.