Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tribute or Allegiance

Old 12-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tribute or Allegiance

Which of these would you chose??
Old 12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tribute or Allegiance

That's a tough one ,as far as I'm concerned either one is a step in the right direction. They're both great bow's.

nubo
Old 12-17-2005, 07:29 AM

I've got a '05 Allegiance and just don't know how they can get any better...They claim the new '06 Allegiance is even better I don't think you could go wrong with either....Shoot them both and see what feels right...
Old 12-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Tribute is absolutely dead at the shot... I mean... dead.

For another seven or eight feet per second, you can have the Allegiance with ever-the-slightest shock at the moment of truth. As I am about to place an order my first Bowtech, I can't resist the lure of that speed. I know I can get whatever shock there is out by the time I'm done adding a first-rate stabilizer and a few other goodies.

I'm having lusty thoughts just imagining a hunting-weight arrow zipping towards a whitetail at 300 fps+!

Depends on what you're looking for: If you want probably the sweetest-shooting bow that any manufacturer has ever brought to market, go with the Trib. If you want even more speed with just the slightest bit of recoil that will probably be gone by the time you add all the accessories to it anyway, go with the Allegiance!

Tough choice!

EDIT AFTER READING YOUR OTHER THREAD:

This is taken from BowTech's own site: Something to think about...

Pound for pound, inch for inch, the new Equalizer is the fastest bow in the BowTech line-up reaching top speed of 302 fps with a 26 1/2" draw at 60 pounds. That is equivalent to an IBO speed rating of 350 fps!

Uh, I know which way I'd be leaning if I were you...

Old 12-17-2005, 09:48 PM

I shot them both, I bought a tribute. The tribute I bought is on the high end for speed for a tribute while the alle they had was on the low end so it wasn't even 8-9 fps difference.. Can't even remember what it was but I bought a 60 pounder at 29 inch draw, might go back and drop another inch from my draw if I so want, but haven't decided yet. I could tell no difference in speed but I sure can agree with the Tribute being a bit "deader" in the hand than the Alle. All things considered I thought it might even be a tad quieter but I can't say for sure, it might have been my prejudices sneaking in since I did shoot the Tribute slightly better... Just slightly...
Old 12-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Just rechecked the BowTech site it has unless Im reading it wrong the IBO speed for the Equalizer listed as 294-302. and itdosent have the versitility of the Tribute or Alligenance, thats why I was looking more at them and my local pro shop said I woul still at my drawlength and poundage would still be able to get very high 200`s .. I dont know Im new to compound bows and just want to get the best bow for my dollars...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pound for pound, inch for inch, the new Equalizer is the fastest bow in the BowTech line-up reaching top speed of 302 fps with a 26 1/2" draw at 60 pounds. That is equivalent to an IBO speed rating of 350 fps!
Thats the one I can't wait to try being thats my draw length.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Status: offline Just rechecked the BowTech site it has unless Im reading it wrong the IBO speed for the Equalizer listed as 294-302. and itdosent have the versitility of the Tribute or Alligenance,
You are correct here. The Equalizer is only available with the SPEED CAM and not offered with the smooth one so that is definitely one thing to consider in choosing over the others.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:10 PM

i think what MQ1shooter was getting at with the equalizer....is that is max's out at 26 1/2 draw length and still achieves over 300 fps......just imagine if they made it in a 29" draw.....would be looking at 330 fps......but either bow is a good choice with the Allegiance being about 10 fps faster with speed mod.......about 2" longer and 5 or 6 oz heavier....i have a 05 Allegiance......50 - 60lb.....28.5 draw......shooting a 312 grain arrow at 317 fps........need i say more.....they say speed isn't everything.......but it sure does help....especially when it comes to misjudgement at 30 or 40 yds......plus more speed = more kenetic energy.....nock down power.....lol....oh.....i use the sts system and eliminated string silencers and gained 3 fps......also use a windstalker cable gaurd and picked up another 4 fps.....the little things u can do these days
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM

I considered the Tribute, but went with the Allegiance to gain a little more speed. Their both super nice bows.

Quick Reply: Tribute or Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.