Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

single pin sights

Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Default single pin sights

what would you recommend for a single pin sight, i have been looking at the hha and the vital gear sights.

thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 08:02 PM

Default RE: single pin sights

My brother-n-law just putone of the HHA sights on his bow. He seems to love it.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 PM

I have a HHA OL5000 that I got with a new bow last February and absolutely love this sight. I've used it in 3-D shoots and hunting situations with no problems. The pin is bright in low light also. I went from a 5-pin sight to this single-pin and was a little skeptical at first. I know that switching to a single-pin has also helped my yardage guessing as well. I usually keep the sight set on the 25 yard mark and adjust my bow up or down as needed. I have markings for 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards for 3-D shoots, but try to stay 30 yards or less for deer hunting.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting a Vital Gear single pin for 4 seasons now and it is a great sight. I use the Profix model. It is a fixed pin model, doesn't have the adjustable sliding pin for range adjustments. Vital gear makes very quality sights.
These babies are bright!!! You will be amazed how bright the optics are in low light conditions. The microadjustment makes setting your pin a breeze. It is also a very lightweight sight.
I am not telling you to get one, but do yourself a favor and really look at one before you decide to buy.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

HHA-great single pin sight. Very solid construction, easy adjustments, very bright fiber (sometimes too bright if you are out in the direct sunlight b/c of halo-ing). I would buy another HHA if I needed a single pin sight.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:12 PM

I personally shoot the Vital Gear StarTrack....My favorite feature is the fibre optic adjustable yardage markers. It's also a very durable sight.

BUT, you wouldn't go wrong with the HHA either.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Vital Bow Gear Profix... It is very easy to adjust and nice and bright... I love it..

Old 01-25-2007, 09:58 AM

Hands down best single pin sight is the "Triad" sight from "Kingsway Archery" it is also available with adjustment while at full draw.....cool feature. They have a lumination system that's self adjusting with auto-shut off.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

HHA Optimizer..hands down
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 AM

I use the Vital Gear sliding sight, and I love it. I've tried the three pin sights, but I really like having just one pin to concentrate on. It also pretty much glows well after shooting light. If I could get a peep sight w/ a fiber optic ring that was bright as the fiber optics on the sight I could hunt for another ten or fifteen minutes.

Quick Reply: single pin sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.