Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cobra Viper Sight ?

Old 01-15-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Cobra Viper Sight ?

I was looking at this sight in my local archery store and it looked real nice. It was super bright and was compact from what I saw. Can anybody tell me about this sight and if it is any good. I have heard of Cobra before but not of the Viper line. I have a new bow tech tribute ready to be set up just looking for a sight and kinda liked this 1. If you know somethingabout this sight or if there has been problems... Please help me out !!

Thanks,
Tom

Old 01-16-2007, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Cobra Viper Sight ?

I personally have NO experience with Cobra sights. They are bright, but I did not go with them because I was told by more than one bowhunter that the Cobra sights are noisier that most other brands. That's all I've heard but it was enough for me to pass.

If you decide to go with the Cobra, let us know how it does for you.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cobra Viper Sight ?

I use a Cobra Viper sight. The adjustments are easy to use when sighting it in. The pins are bright. It comes with an ultra-violet light you can turn on as it gets dark which really makes them bright. I don't use the light for a couple reasons:

1. It tends to come loose and creates a little vibration noise. I think if you wrap some plumber's tape around the threads of the light before you screw it in, it will take care of the problem.

2. I don't think you can enter a buck into the Pope and Young Recordbooks with any electronic device attached to your bow (if that means anything to you).

Overall, I think it's a good buy. I give this sight **** (4 out of 5 stars).