Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

lonewolf hang on

Old 11-25-2002, 05:40 AM

Default lonewolf hang on

Has anyone used or tried this stand. Im concerned about the strap used to hang the stand since itll be supporting my weight the whole time im in the tree.I have been using their climbing sticks and im satisfied with them, but im not on them for long periods.How many climbing sticks can you fasten on the back of the stand and is it noisy when packing.Ive never used a hang on yet,but they seem really versatill(sp?).Any input would be really helpfull
Old 11-25-2002, 01:35 PM

Default RE: lonewolf hang on

I use this stand with the climbing sticks. I'm no small squirrel at 6"3" and 280#'s. I love this stand. It's easy to place and really sturdy! I use the strap than hang the stand via the hook. The stand is solid and the thick seat is pretty comfortable! I use the 3 sticks and they sort of snap on the stand for transport. I also use a bungee cord to hold them on. The setup is also really light and packable. I have to walk a long way on public land and this is the perfect stand. It's also easy to put up and take down. I've tried 3 other hang ons with sticks. There is no comparison to the others. It's really a nice setup. A little expensive but I'll not buy any other stand from now on.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:43 PM

Default RE: lonewolf hang on

I had one for 4 years that was stolen. I never had any problem with the strap. I bought a new one and have had it 2 years. It is the best stand I have had. You could put as many ladders on it as you wanted to carry. I like to hunt high, so I use 4 ladders. I love mine. My only complaint is that the seat could use a little extra padding on all day hunts.