Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LoneWolf or something else? >

LoneWolf or something else?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LoneWolf or something else?

Old 08-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default LoneWolf or something else?

I'm looking for a stand. I want a large paltform, very stable, and very portable, easy to hang, and comfy.

I did a search on LoneWolf and got a good idea of what it's about. Seems like a very nice stand.

I was considering buying a couple cheap stands to hang. But then i thought of the old Loggy Bayou climber i have. I hate the thing. It's so hard to set up and loud i haven't used it forever. I pretty much caned the idea of buying a cheap stand. I don't want to get a bad taste in my mouth and go back to ground unhunting.........unsuccessfully i may add.

Also what type of bow holders to you guys recommend. Are the Primos holders nice or should i go with one that mounts to the stand?

What are some good, reasonably priced climbing sticks?

Thanks for all your help

and i appologize if this topic has been beat to death in the past.

also, what are some good places online to look for treestands that don't rape you on shipping. EagleArchery doesn't list LoneWolf
Old 08-11-2006, 06:06 AM

Default RE: LoneWolf or something else?

Search eBay for Lone Wolf and you can usually get a deal. Distributors are supposed to honor a MAP agreement stating that they will not go below a certain price, but the sellers on eBay seem to ignore that rule. I was a dealer for Lone Wolf for a short time, but am no longer. They are great stands and I highly suggest every tree hunter has at least one in his arsenal.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Dominant Buck

PM me. I want to know more information about your old loggy. I want it if it's what I think it is.

Fieldmouse
Old 08-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

You won't go wrong with the lone wolf. They are super quiet and light. It is the only stand that I have owned that does not need modified to work the way I want.
I also use one of the screw in type triple arm holders. I like it and you can get your bow out in front of you without it taking up stand space.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

sent you a PM expaining the stand to the best of my recollection fieldmouse. Let me know if you get it.

Thanks for the info fellas. The wolf looks like an outstanding stand
Old 08-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a Summit Viper and I love it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Typical Buck

hey guys. i checked out a LoneWolf Alpha at a "local" (at least on my way to the hunting camp, bout 45 minutes from the house) and dang is it a nice looking piece of hardware!!

They have it for 169.99, from the other prices i've seen that's a pretty good deal.

Does the gromet work well for bows? i don't think it would work well with the parallel limbs on the tribute. I don't care for the idea of having the bow stressing one limb that's already stressed enough.

thanks for the help!!
Cartman308
Old 08-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Does the gromet work well for bows?
I love Lone Wolf stands but.....at least for single cam bows like my Patriot the bowholder w/grommet is a pain because the cutout needs to be bigger. IMO Lone Wolf could slightly enlarge the bowholder part of the platform. Not sure how the Binary cams fit, might be perfect. As for your previous question of climbing sticks, none are better than Lone Wolf's........I just bought a set and find them easy, quiet and stable to use. More expenive than the rest though.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for the info..... only thing is, my hunting land is getting logged out, again..... may not have much use for a treestand now......... [:'(][:@][:-]
Old 08-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the Gorilla stands. Very nice. I never used a Wolf, but have thought about it. Sounds like everyone likes them...just not sure why they are so expensive. My Gorilla Grey Back is half the prices and is an awesome stand.

Quick Reply: LoneWolf or something else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.