Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Blazer Vanes or short vanes in general?? >

Blazer Vanes or short vanes in general??

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blazer Vanes or short vanes in general??

Old 11-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer Vanes or short vanes in general??

I put them on with a regular arizona jig. Not sure of the helical but I can honestly say I was having trouble with the Muzzy 100grains at 20 yards out of my new Tribute. New blazer vanes instead of standard Goldtip vanes and man oh man. Recked a couple of arrows as quick as I put the vanes on. Huge difference, I highly recommend them.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

This is what blazers have done for me. This was from 25 yards and have done the same from between 20 and 30 yards since switching over to blazers in September. The arrow you see here was one that I know has probably been shot at least 1000 times (I was about to go broke doing this to my Carbon Express arrows).

Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I use the 2" with 8 degrees of left helical.
what size arrows are you using. How in the world did you get an 8 degree helical? Please post or send me pics as I bought a Bitzenburger and I don't think I can get those results. I am using a straight fletch and it is difficult to get 3 degree offset.

Thanks smokepolehall.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gut Check i am using an Az. ez fletcher and its left wing 8 degrees Helical. My Bitz is also LW and it gives 11 degrees Helical. I found the 8 degrees works very well. I am using easton alum. 2219's and 2213's. The Bitz. just change clamps, with the Az. ez fletcher change arms they have several combo's to work with. Mine was an original made fer alum. shafts. Hope this helps.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Spike

I shoot right handed and have beman ics hunter arrows. Would like some suggestions on what jig I should use, what degree to use with the W/B, and which helical (right or left). switching over to blazers.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot right handed, thru a WBand my blazers are fletched with a right helical on a Bohning jig. However, with a 2" blazer you're not going to see a dramatic helical. I set my jig so I get maximum contactbetween the base of the vane andthe arrow shaft.I also place a drop of the fletching glue at the front and rear of the vane after I remove it from the jig.That's about it.