Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BLAZER VANES

Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Default BLAZER VANES

I am thinking about using the Bohning Archery Blazer vanes. Anyone out there try em? Do you like em? I shoot Carbon express CX 300 arrows, a Darton Bow set at 65lbs shooting around 270 FPS, and G5 striker broadheads. Thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BLAZER VANES

feathers are the best in my opinion but for vanes i think the balzers are hands down the best you can get. call them up and get a free sample pack to try.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:15 PM

I shoot Magnus Stingers @ 290 fps w/ Blazers. Lazer beams. Perfect flight.

I fletched one arrow w/ a 5" feather and shot it into my deer target. I fletched another w/ Blazers and did the same. I shot a feather off the first arrow. Both were shot at 25 yards and tipped w/ Stingers. Blazers are the bomb!

The only arrows we've found they don't work very well on are big, heavy arrows...in the 500+ gr. weight range.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I used to shoot feathers on aluminum. Bought a new bow this year and along with it my first carbon arrows. I put Blazers on them with Slick Tricks. Man....I just don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Absolutely flawless all the way. I love those Blazers and I think I will love the Slick Tricks too, but I am waiting for the ultimate test before I rate the broadheads!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 PM

Been shooting nothing but Blazers for 2 years, and that's all I am going to shoot. They are IMHO the best thing going. Stabilize well , are accurate, and they hold up real well.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

the only thing i noticed is after 35 yrds the arrows i have blazers on drop off a little and at 40yrds drop about 6" more then my feather equiped arrows but i know they do that so its not a problem like i said if i was only shooting vanes it would be nothing but blazers.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shooting blazers. Love them. Best groups I've had in years.
Shooting Beman ICS 340 w/ 2" blazers, w/ Slick Trick 100 Grain broadheads.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I will be shoot them next season. I have heard nothing but good things about the Blazers
Old 10-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

chalk me up as another blazer fan
Old 10-18-2006, 01:19 PM

If you shoot a Whisker Biscuit, I wouldn't recommend anything else. I've shot many different vanes and feathers through that thing, but Blazers are the only vanes that will literally fall of before they will wave or stretch with normal use.

Quick Reply: BLAZER VANES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.