Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lonewolf treestands?

Old 09-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lonewolf treestands?

I own a Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb and really likeit. Its compact ( 2.5-3 inches)when folded up and one of the lighter tree climbers on the market.Stable andabsolutely quite. If you dont mind paying the few extra $$ its well worth it. I think its fairly comfortable, at least compared to my old Summit Saber which is now retired since I purchased the Lone Wolf.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Lone wolfs are great, I have two. A hand climber and a hang on. But you should check out www.chippewawedgeloc.com/ I have hunted from these and they are as good if not better. Only thing they don't do is han offset right to left. But they do rig to the tree in like 10 seconds, no more fumbling for the strap around the tree while your hanging onto the stand.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:00 PM

I bought one last year and I can honestly say that I will never buy another treestand again. I bought the one that converts from open in bow season, to closed with gun rail for rifle season. Its definitely the way to go! Its expensive, but well worth the money. Its super quiet, folds flat, and is lightweight. No more squeaks! My only complaint is its a little narrow, but i CAN DEAL with that.