Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

blazers and biscuits

Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 PM

Default blazers and biscuits

To begin...I have read the archives on review back 180 days and did glean some decent info., but i have a couple of ??s. I am going to put some blazers on my Axis arrows and I am wondering if any of y'all have experience with the Blazers and the WB. Since the Blazers have a taller x-section than standard duravanes, do they damage more easily? I know about the super glue at the lead edge of the vane. I also read a post on using the larger hole (medium or large)in the WB for the thinner diameter arrows as this reduces contact on the shaft and vanes upon arrow launch. Any other thoughts on this? I like the simplicity of the WB, but don't know if I should stay w/ a fall away. Lastly...with the possible friction of the WB on the shaft and vanes...any WAGs on how much speed might be lost? Thanks for taking a look at my ramblings, Scott.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: blazers and biscuits

I will be trying some Blazers with aluminum arrows and WB this year. I have been happy with my feathers and WB, but want to try the Blazers to see how they work. Tom Nelson uses Blazers & WB and seems to do well. As far as speed loss, there isn't much (couple fps)
Old 05-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The blazers and the WB are a great match. There will be no damaged blazer vanes when used with the WB. The blazers are tough enough to stand up to pass throughs on everything from hay bails to deer!! You won't be dissapointed!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:30 PM

Thnks for your time guys...last question, would you use straight 4 offset or helical?
Old 05-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

offset!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use blazers and a bisquit. I get absoluitely no fletching damage at all with that combo. What I did do was switch arrows to smoother finish ones like Beman BlackMax for hunting. I think the finish on the Axis is the same. Totally silent on draw back and the simplest foolproof rest around for hunting. If you could teach yourself to shoot hanging upside down from a tree then the bisquit would do it no problem.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

What about Balzers, WB and wraps? Does anyone know of any problems with the wraps comming off when passing through the WB? Is it ok to put a right helical when using a WB?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about Balzers, WB and wraps? Does anyone know of any problems with the wraps comming off when passing through the WB?
NO

Helical or offset will be just fine!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot right helical blazers and wraps also through my bisquit. Nothing wears or falls off.