Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuits and Blazers? >

Whisker Biscuits and Blazers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuits and Blazers?

Old 10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whisker Biscuits and Blazers?

I have two dozen Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows that I am going to give to my cousin. One dozen has 2" Blazer vanes and the other dozen has regular 4" vanes. My cousin has a whisker biscuit on his bow. I am wondering if the 2" Blazers will shoot okay through a WB. I don't have any experience with a WB. I used a prong rest before I switched over to a drop away. Anyone know if the 2" Blazers will be okay with the WB or will he be able to shoot the arrows with the 4" vanes only?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuits and Blazers?

i been shooting blazers out of a wisker bisket now for about a week and thay shoot fine, but note blazers are very tuchy when you shoot then you move a litte it will trow the arrow off that much .
Old 10-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I started using blazers four years ago, I got rid of my WB, just because the blazers are harder, tallerand madenoise out of the W.B. A lot of people use W.B. with blazers, I'm just too picky.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I'm not sure why I was thinking it might be an issue, but I thought I heard somewhere that they just didn't go well together. I don't know. Anyway, thanks again and I'll just let him have both sets and shoot whichever he likes.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM

Default Whisker Biscuits and Blazers are perfect match

Crowkilla,

I have been shooting a WB for about 4 years now, and Blazers are absolutely the best vane for shooting out of a WB. They don't wrinkle and give great stability to your arrows.

Not to be contradictory, but I'm not sure what WNY is talking about. I haven't noticed Blazers to be "touchy." I just did a walk-back tune with my bow and I was slapping arrows out at 40 yards today. I have CX Maximas fletched with Blazers. I know some people will say the WB is not as accurate at longer distances, and maybe they are right, but so far I haven't noticed any decrease in accuracy (40 yards, 6 arrows---> 2 in. group...not bad for me).

Hope this helps,
Andrew
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuits and Blazers are perfect match

I beat target archers at vegas shoots with good old whiskers and blazers combo, so it works. Even at longer distances....

Frank
Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just switched also, i refletched my gold tips with some blazers, i was shooting 2inch groups before i switched to the blazers. I notice now with the blazers i get a flyer ever now and then and also notice a slight tail wip upon entering the target. My question is do you still use the cock vane up with the blazers and bisquit? and what could possibly be causing the this issue?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

i use the WB on my Jennings and Blazers as well an i havent seen any problems out of them yet...throws a Motec like a dart