Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Blazer vanes/Muzzy wraps >

Blazer vanes/Muzzy wraps

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blazer vanes/Muzzy wraps

Old 05-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default Blazer vanes/Muzzy wraps

Well ,after listening to alot of you talk about blazers I had to try them. I am impressed. Very quiet fletch and they shoot both my field tips and muzzy three blades excellent. Where I really notice them shine is in shots at 40 yds and beyond. I used to shoot feathers and now my 40yd pin shoots out to 50yds where with my feathersmy arrows dropped quickly after 40yds.,that is how much faster the arrows are flying. I usually make my own wraps, but these were only $4.99 for a dozen and I think they are cool. The pic doesn't show the flames on them well.I shoot a Hoyt Trykon peaked at 70# with Carbon Express Maxima 350's in a 29'' arrow length witha Trophy Taker drop away.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:22 PM

Default RE: Blazer vanes/Muzzy wraps

And yet another one sold to the power of the almighty Blazer vane!! Pretty awesome, aren't they?

Since they weigh pretty close to a feather, I bet you don't notice any speed difference, either, and like you said, they truely shine out past 40 yards where feathers are noted to drop off quickly. Like you, I shot feathers a long time. In fact, if you'll look in my quiver today I have 3 w/ blazers and 3 w/ feathers. Glad you like them.

Hey, where did you find those wraps? They are pretty darn nifty. I get mine from bowmanhunter and they are awesome, but I do like the look of yours.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

I found mine at Jax Sporting goods in Ames,IA
Old 05-26-2006, 06:24 PM

Concerning the blazers...Any experience with them through a whisker biscuit. I am thinking about putting a biscuit on my bow but was curious if the blazers perform any different than the duravanes through the biscuit. I know about the drop of super glue at the lead edge of the vane and arrow shaft to help keep them intact...any other advice. Thanks, Scott.