Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about wraps and blazer vanes >

question about wraps and blazer vanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about wraps and blazer vanes

Old 05-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default question about wraps and blazer vanes

I have Axis 400 camo obsessionarrows. I like the weight of the arrow now, it's around 425 with 100 grain tip at 28"...

I have two questions...

One, Will the wraps and blazers add a lot of weight to the back of the arrow after ditching the 4" plastic vanes??

Two, I like the look of the black and white "zebra striped" wraps and blazers.. Do you guys think this would go with the camo or just totally clash? I don't have much of a sense on color coordination.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 PM

Default RE: question about wraps and blazer vanes

Depending on your wrap and arrow size, the wraps could add between 9 and 25 grains. (which isn't a lot)

Switching your current hunting vanes to Blazers aren't going to do much either.

Lastly...I refuse to camo my arrows. How would I find them after a pass through shot? Or, if I miss? Bright wraps and bright blazers for me. Best of luck.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have 4" plastic vanes and switch to wraps and blazers you might actually lose weight on your arrow.

I think the zebra stripes would look great too.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:37 AM

Your overall arrow weight will stay pretty close to the same. 4" vanes weigh around 9 grains I believe, and Blazers are around 5....

So, 3 4" vanes weigh 27 grains and 3 2" Blazers weigh 15 grains. The HEAVIEST wraps I've ever seen weigh 10, so worst case scenario you look to LOSE2 grains from the back of the arrow. If you go w/ the short Blazer wraps, you will be7 grains lighter.

I use the tiger wraps/vanes myself. Very sharp indeed. Your arrows being camo, I think the white would look killer on them.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, your weight will pretty much remain the same. Also , the Tiger stripe crests look great on black or camo shafts. I've personally used the Bohning White Tiger crests for the past 3 seasons and they've become my fav. I see this season they offer matching vanes but I prefer to stick with the ALL white. Now, I just need NAP to release White Thuderball nocks, but I guess I'll just have to go with Black for now.