Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

G5 sights?

Old 05-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default G5 sights?

I'm in the market for a new sight. I've almost made up my mind between Spott-Hogg and Montana Black Gold and then my Cabela's archery catalog gets here and I see the G5 sights. I know nothing about them, never even heard of them before. Can anyone fill me in?
Old 05-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 sights?

ORIGINAL: txrookie

I'm in the market for a new sight. I've almost made up my mind between Spott-Hogg and Montana Black Gold and then my Cabela's archery catalog gets here and I see the G5 sights. I know nothing about them, never even heard of them before. Can anyone fill me in?
Well I have a Montana Gold Dusk Devil II, probably not have anything but them on my bows from now on. Love it and shooting better.
[8D]
Old 05-14-2006, 01:37 PM

txrookie, thanks for tellin me about your victory!A buddy of mine has the G5 optix ME and loves it. It looks great on his bow and has very easy windage and elevation adjustment. I like it so much I think I am going to get the LE to put on my bow. One more pin and still easy adjustment and includesthe harmonic dampener.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have spott hoggs on all three of my bows and love them. They're durable, easy to sight in and align at draw. I have to say I like the look of the G5, but just don't feel I need to make a change. All the sights you mentioned are great quality.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The G5 sites are not available at retail outlets yet, but they should be in around the 1st week of June from what I'm hearing. I checked them out at the ATA Show and the WI Deer/Turkey expo and they are awesome. EXTREMELY lightweight due to their composite construction. I think they're like 6 oz for the whole thing. You pick it up and you're like "Are you serious?? This is it!!". The micro-adjust on the pins is simple, solid, and looks great. Built-in harmonic damper helps to reduce noise and vibration. One of the biggest selling points to me is the "light chamber". Basically instead of externally mounting a light that just shines down on your pins and is visible for a long distance (such as with the Copper John Dead Nuts sites) the G5 site has a chamber that houses the ends of the fiber optic pins on which a light shines to illuminate them in near-dark conditions. The light can't be seen from outside so you don't have to worry about spooking game or covering it up with a piece of tape.

All in all it looks like a great site. I plan on picking one up as soon as they're available.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Granby

txrookie, thanks for tellin me about your victory!A buddy of mine has the G5 optix ME and loves it. It looks great on his bow and has very easy windage and elevation adjustment. I like it so much I think I am going to get the LE to put on my bow. One more pin and still easy adjustment and includesthe harmonic dampener.
How did he get one already?? Cabela's and Bass Pro don't have them yet, and the guy at my local shop told me they're not even shipped.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's to me like this sight is well worth looking into ,of course as soon as they're available.

nubo
Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I started a thread on these sights on another forum because I was really liking them. Someone came on and talked about the magnesium being easily corroded, its one of the worst composites for corrosion, things used to be made out of it because of how light it was, but stopped due to the fact that it wouldn't lastif the camo was scratched down to the magnesium. Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the input. I don't think I'll buy a new sight until I can check one of these out. As far as corrosion goes, I'm not too worried about it. I think I pay enough attention to my bow to catch a scratch if it happens. And if it does I'll just dab some touch up on it. Thats a bridge I'm really not worried about crossing just yet.
I really like the sound of the light chamber. I'm going to call "Southern Hunter", my local pro shop right now and see about an availability date.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:51 PM

HNIJustin, a good friend of his is sponsored by G5 and thus he already has the sights. He had them long before Cabelas and Bass Pro were in the market for them.

Quick Reply: G5 sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.