Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 First ripcord impressions >

First ripcord impressions

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

First ripcord impressions

Old 08-03-2005, 10:16 PM

Default First ripcord impressions

Just bought a new ripcord arrow rest tonight. I surrendered my WB to my wife's new bow and thus had a chance to update my setup.

Installation was a bit tricky relative to the WB. It took me some time to get everything visually lined up to my satisfaction. Once setup, it seems to operate very smoothly and I have had the chance to fire a few arrows out of it.

I do have a few minor complaints with it though. First, they should include some damn moleskin. Out of the box it is unacceptably noisy with rattles when the arrow bounces around inside the forks. When I added some dampening though it is perfectly fine.

My other semi-major complaint is the 'football' device that attaches the cable to your bowstring / cables. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I find it very, very difficult to assemble the clip to the string with both the ripcord string and the bowstring in the clamp. I think the screw is a bit on the short side.

As it stands, I have messed around with this thing for about 2 hours trying to get it just right. It seems that I cannot tighten the screw enough to completely halt the unit from moving on the cable! I do not want to strip it out, its just that the string is too slippery.

Tomorrow I will run it by the proshop and have them tie it in. Other than that, so far so good.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:27 AM

Default RE: First ripcord impressions

yes have them tie it in. as for the noise, u always have to put some silencing product on allrest.. i would also rec,, som mole skin underneth the rest so when it drops its quiet as well.. I have had my ripcord for over a year now and love it... zero issues.. give it a chance
Old 08-04-2005, 01:42 PM

Default RE: First ripcord impressions

I have found a better trick to silence the arms when they hit the shelf. Buy one of the Limbaver grip insulaters and lay it on the shelf sideways under the arms. You can usually get two strips down there when you cut it. Makes a significant reduction in sound compared to moleskin. Maybe I should patent that before someone else does.