Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 First bowtech,first impressions >

First bowtech,first impressions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

First bowtech,first impressions

Old 02-28-2005, 06:36 PM

Default First bowtech,first impressions

Ok I admit it.I had to see if all the claims of you bowtech groupies were true.I shot the new binary cam bows and they are sweet,but I did'nt think I could get one in my draw length and weight before turkey /hog season.So I picked up a 2003 patriot.

Whoa nelly does this thing sling an arrow.That was my first impression from flinging a few arrows.I really like the infinnity cams.I find them easy drawing compared to many of the single cams(ie the mathews I have owned and shot)I can comfortably shoot 3-5 lbs more weight with this cam.The wall is solid.Lots of adjustability,easy module change,adj. draw stop and let off.I really like this cam.She's a good shooter too.At 27.5" and 63" I figure its between 255-260 with a 400 grain arrow.I need to find a chrono,but based on the arrow drop and my sight settings I'd be shocked if it was'nt close.That's with peep and string loop,no cat whiskers.It is a little loud,but some string silencers should take care of that.Overall I am impressed.Only one thing I gotta say,here piggy pigggy. Add one more name to the bowtech posse.

CB
Old 02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First bowtech,first impressions

Welcome aboard. All it takes is shooting one!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:48 AM

Congratulations on your newly purchased bow I've still got my '02 Patriot and it still shoots great, which reminds me that I need to back off the weight on the rest of my bows now that I've got my Allegiance
The Patriot has been a great seller and still commands a good used price!!
Old 03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow. You won't regret your choice.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:52 PM

Welcome aboard! I bought my first Bowtech about a month ago. I had no intention to buy the Bowtech. I tried the Bowtech so I could cross it off my list. Well, I shot it then bought it. So I know exactly what you mean. Good Luck and Good Shooting!!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: CAJUNBOWHNTR

Add one more name to the bowtech posse.

CB

I think of it more like a cult. Ya got your high priests. yer temple worshipers and yer minions and last but not least yer god, the bowtec.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 PM

Welcome to the family - I, as many others used to swear by Mathews as the premier bow company- and they still are a good company -- they don't realize it yet - but they HAVE been caught. Glad to see another from my neck of the woods - congrats on a wise purchase.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know exactly how you feel ,I fell right in love with Company,and I can't see any change's in the future .The way this company just keep's coming out with the greatest bow's is unbelievable .
I know your really gonna like this bow ,so welcome to the BT family .

nubo
Old 03-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the light in 2001. I think I'm a high priest by tenure.
If someone in a Mathews shirt offers you some Kool Aid, DON'T DRINK IT!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 AM

My 2003 Patriot shoots so well it kept me from buying either the Allegiance or Switchback this year. While they were BOTH great bows..........neither one was Soooooooo much better then my Patriot that I felt I had to have it. In fact in a few areas I think each bow is a step down from what I currently have.

Haven't shot the new Patriot or Defender yet though.

Quick Reply: First bowtech,first impressions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.