Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Two choices.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Two choices.

Ok, I am about to purchase my new bow. My two choices are the AR-34 or the Bowtech allegiance. You guys need to help me out.

They are both very shock free and quiet.
They both have well designed torque free grips.
They are the same length (more or less).
They are both the same mass weight.
The BT has the dual binary cams while the AR uses the cam.5
Bowtech has the edge in speed (320's) but the AR has 1 inch more brace height and still very respectable speed (310's).

The only real differances is the speed and the cam system. Am I over looking anything with these two bows?

So do I go for the dual cams and extra speed or the cam and a half with the longer brace height? Price isn't an issue here as I only have to pay cost for either one and the differance is neglegable.

I keep swaying from side to side not wanting to buy one over the other and still want the one I didn't buy.[&:][8D][:@] Maybe I should just flip a coin casue I can't buy both.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Two choices.

I've never shot an AR bow, but I love my Allegiance and would say you won't go wrong with one. Are you able to shoot both side by side? I'd shoot both is possible and then decide.

Mike
Old 07-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree shoot both of them side by side Bigbulls you'll know which to go with .They're both good bow's ,but only you can say which siut's you best after shooting them both .Let us know which way you went .I 'm sure I know which I'd be taking home ,but I'm not you .I'm sure either way you'll be happy with your choice.

nubo
Old 07-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If after you shoot them both and they still both feel good I would go for the extra speed of the Bowtech. Also the Binary cam would probably have a a flatter nock travel on release which will help in tuning,
Old 07-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, It's going to be the allegiance. I've shot them both and like I said originally they both are sweet shooters but I figured like Terry and went with the extra speed.

I hate decisions like this. I really need a whole lot more money for toys. Any one here got any extra layin around not being used?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll garauntee your gonna love the Ally Bigbull's, congrat's on your decision.I still hope you tried them both ,just to get a good feel for them.But the way I look at it is that you won't go wrong with either .

nubo
Old 07-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you'll be disappointed with your decision. The Allegiance is a sweet shooter to be sure.

Mike