Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New carbon express Maxima arrows >

New carbon express Maxima arrows

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New carbon express Maxima arrows

Old 06-14-2005, 04:55 PM

Default New carbon express Maxima arrows

I was wondering how these new arrows shot and how you think they would be for hunting?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Spike

Default RE: New carbon express Maxima arrows

I was wondering the same thing also. I am trying to decide which arrows to throw on my new Switchback with a Whisker Biscuit Deluxe rest. By the specs they sound really good, even better than the CX's
Old 07-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

I switched from Carbon Express CX300's to the Maximas 350's this year, and have been really happy so far. They shoot great, and I feel will be very durable. They have a smoother finish which makes quieter to draw as well. I am shooting them through my Switchback.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Spike

Thanks archer125, thats news that I wanted to hear. I like the fact that they look like they have a smoother finish. I currently shoot CX 300's with my Featherlite but now that I have the Switchback I wanted to stay with Carbon Express but was torn between the CX 300's and the Maxima 350's. I do like that they are a little bit straighter with a more consistent spine. They will also look great dipped in white with the red feathers and a red/yellow/black crest pattern that I am going to do.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

I also like the fact that the Maximas are a stiffer spine than the CX300. Every Mathews bow I have had really likes a stiff arrow.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 AM

I shoot Maxima 350-spine. I have so far found that they are supremely durable. On my first 3-D outing, I sent one smack-dab center-mass into a tree. Shaft was recovered without damage. On my second outing, I was trying to shoot a pig target. Between me and the target was a section of rolled-up wirefence forming a big "O"-shaped tubethat one must shoot through to hit the target. I must have done something wrong, because the arrow struck the inside of the tube laterally and glanced off at a severe angle and into the target backstop. I was sure that arrow was a goner, since it hit laterally and made such a violent change of direction. But nope, it's still a good arrow.

I'm happy with the Maximas, even though they are a bit pricey.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:48 PM

Love'em