Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 forbes lake,,,any good??? >

forbes lake,,,any good???

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

forbes lake,,,any good???

Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Spike

Default forbes lake,,,any good???

we are planning to go to forbes lake this evening and pitch a tent and spend the weekend camping n bowfishing,,,have heard they have been doing good there,,,going to go give it a try anyhow....
Old 09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: forbes lake,,,any good???

I've fished it twice, once was late in the season and we didn't do real well. One other time earlier in the year, I can't remember whether it was May or June, we did great until I burned up my trolling motor. Several carp were in the 15-20 lb range, andwe found abunch up at the very north end where the feeder creek is. Warning: It does get very shallow up on the north end where the mud flats are but water clarity was not great either time I was there. Some of the smaller deeper bays further south held some fish and the water clarity was much better. Hope this helps. Let us know how you do.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Spike

well,,,we went and made it back,,,nothing to speak of,,,never seen any shootable fish at all,,we went friday night after we got there and about all day and night saturday,,we was all over that lake trying to find some fish,,,must have already moved to deeper water,,,anyhow,,all had a good time
Old 09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you had a good time, even tho' you didn't shoot any fish.

What county is Forbes Lake in?
Old 09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Spike

Stephen A. Forbes state park is in marion county,,,it is just straight east of Carlyle,,go east from carlyle on route 50 to iuka,,then go north through a small village called omega,,from there it is justa mile and a half from there,,,We live about 3 miles south of Sam Dale lake in wayne county,,haven't seen any shootable fish at that lake at all,,been there several times,,still looking for some bowfishing action before deer season opens up,,so i have a lil time left,,just have to find the right place and the right kind of fish