Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Your thoughts please >

Your thoughts please

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Your thoughts please

Old 09-17-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Your thoughts please

I just found this photgraph on another site.
Your thoughts on how you feel about the guys that did this, and on the actual act of dumping carp. How does it make us look to outsiders?
Greg
Old 09-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your thoughts please

This has been hashed out on other bowfishing sites. The guy who did it has already contacted Ms wildlife dept. Extenuating circumstances that in hindsite shouldn't have led to this, but at the time seemed like o alternative. Won't go into details, but someone did step up to take the blame. Just more work for us to get this behind us and put more positive stories in the press.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:14 PM

Default RE: Your thoughts please

here is a positve picture( front page thur in lasalle ill.) all we can do is not dwell on things that we have no control over and try to get positive things out there

Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trolling?

ORIGINAL: grega
I just found this photgraph on another site.
Your thoughts on how you feel about the guys that did this, and on the actual act of dumping carp. How does it make us look to outsiders?
Greg
How does it make "us" look? What do you mean "us"?

This was a mistake made by one person. That person came forward and took responsiblity for their actions. Any reasonable person will be able to see this.

Why would you even ask? No one here would condone any type of disposal that would be distasteful or dangerous.

As Bigtime said We will concentrate on thepositive aspects of our sport and continue to promote it.

Troll elsewhere.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trolling?

Well said guys. I think that about sums it up.

All the bowfishing organizations that I'm familiar with wouldencourage shooters to utilize the fish taken and/or dispose of them in a way that would not present a health hazard, eyesore, or inconvenience to anyone.

There are so many better ways to spend time and energy than to harp on it, and draw big attention to anisolated incident, especially when the person responsibleapparently had the guts to admit what he did. I seriously doubt it would occur again anyway, so what would the point of further discussion be?

As far as I'm concerned,this hasrun it's course days ago, and should be put to bed. Carrying it further might imply that someone has other reasons for trying to make someone else look bad. We wouldn't want anyone misunderstanding the intent now, would we?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:38 PM

Well forgive me for not knowing that this had been brought up before on other forums, I guess I need to start visiting other sites.
As for your Troll elsewhere comment I guess I will just go elsewhere, don't know what you mean about trolling, I was asking a simple question as a guy that has bowfished for carp for over 30 yuears I thought I was entitled to.You can stick attitudes like yours up your ass, I don't need some upstart telling me that. If you consider it a mistake then you are mistaken, these fish were left deliberately, and they make us all look bad. The same as Bulzeye stating this is an isolated incident, it may be because of the numbers of fish dumped but it iscertainly not isolated, I see fish dumped all the time on my home rivers and lakes, you do also.
I will leave you now to your debates, seems you don't need someone here that would speak out against this, shame on you.
I would like to say it was fun, but it wasn't.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of answer did you expect Grega? Of course noone here condones this, and altho 'we' don't do this, it does reflect badly on everyone who participates in this sport. Personally, I think it's poor taste for anyone who likes the sport to post stuff like this. Seems like you're 'trolling' the website, looking for an arguement. If we're wrong, please forgive us, but like the others here already said, it's been gone over, and if you have been on other sites, you would have seen this.

This topic is getting old.