Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Shooting No Excuse Conicals and Black Mag 3 >

Shooting No Excuse Conicals and Black Mag 3

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting No Excuse Conicals and Black Mag 3

Old 04-20-2005, 04:31 PM

Default RE: Shooting No Excuse Conicals and Black Mag 3

[quote]ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Still want another bullet option/easy loading?
Precision Bullet sells QTs and Dead Centers that are slightly undersized to aid in loading.
I won't buy anything from Cecil for the simple reason of his attitude. Just couldn't stomach his condecending attitude towards me and my omega when I told him that I wanted to start with conicals. I bought some sabots from Mark at hunterman boolets and I'll think I'll give these a whirl. I will also try the NE again, but what wad do I use?

Paul
Old 04-20-2005, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Shooting No Excuse Conicals and Black Mag 3

ORIGINAL: cayugad
The black sabot in my experience usually indicated a high pressure .451-.452 diameter sabot. ...........................

As for loading ease I think you find the make of the sabot a lot more important. Each sabot maker like Harvester and MMP have a different thickness in the petals of the sabot. This is why some of them even tho the same color, will load so different.
This is what the sabots are. MMP Sabots .451-.452 diameter bullets. color code---blackManufactored by Muzzleload Magnum Products in Harrison, Arkansas.