Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Who is the new Knight disc extreme created for? >

Who is the new Knight disc extreme created for?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who is the new Knight disc extreme created for?

Old 01-31-2002, 05:48 PM

Default Who is the new Knight disc extreme created for?

I have been hunting with Knight original disc for a couple years now. I have hunted with it in Manitoba & Saskatchewan in rain, snow, & -30. It has preformed flawlessly, very accurate, never failing to ignite. So when I was in my local shop and they were pushing the conversion kits for +$100CDN I have to wonder who is the new Disc Extreme created for? Tony Knight to sell more rifle's and conversion kits, or, is it created to improve on the original.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who is the new Knight disc extreme created for?

Tony is in BUSINESS to make MONEY.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:54 AM

This is the first I have heard of this rifle. Is it worth waiting for? I was ready to buy either the Kinght DISC Magnum 50 cal 26" barrell or the T/C Black Diamond XR 50 Cal 26" barrell.

This will be my first muzzle loader, I was looking for something that I would not have to upgrade and would perform well for many years. I hunt in South Louisiana. Fog and rain are common. Temperatures range for the low 20s to the upper 80s during hunting season. The habitat has both thick woods with shots under 60 yds and pipelines and clear-cuts with very long shots. I was looking for a muzzleloader that could handle 30 to 150 yd shots on Whitetails.

Cost is a factor. I wanted to stay under $500 with all of the accessories included. Initially I will be hunting with open sights.

Thanks for your input.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-02-2002, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure this new Extreme Disc is a slight improvement. I have never had a problem with the charge getting wet with my older Disc Rifle not saying it can't happen.If it's rainning I keep the bolt area covered with my arm or hand.I will eventually buy the new kit to upgrade mine. I'm going to wait until the various shooting suppliers have them. You can get allot better buy going through them.I have several hundred of the little discs which will become obsolete.My Disc is a early model and I wonder if the kit is compatible with mine. This improvement will virtually make it a All Weather rifle.Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-02-2002, 08:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2002, 04:48 PM
XTP

Hey Tikka!!Everybody wants a more reliable rifle right?Thats why we have powder in pellet form,magnum charges,209 primers,sealed breaches,and variable scopes mounted on top,in essence.....a single shot centerfire rifle!(sans brass case).As long as hunters and shooters continue to buy into marketing schemes such as that,we will continue to see more of them.My Tradition's Buckhunter Pro in-line with #11 magnum caps has never let me down yet.(It even has open sights!!!!!)
Old 02-10-2002, 08:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]