Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic........

Old 01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Sorry to hear about your friend!!!

After I had to have my last Lab put down due to mass cell tumors. I swore, I would never have another. I had to take hime to the vet and sit while they put him down, it was the hardest thing, I had ever been thru. That includes my grandparents funerals, I know that sounds bad but, I loved my dog. Probably more than any human other than my son and wife. He was essentially my second kid. I had him cremated and he sits on my mantle beside my favorite picture of him and me.

After about 9months my wife came home with another chocolate lab, She later said she thought it was time. I kept my distance for as long as I could stand (about a week) I just didn't want to get attached. No matter how I tried to push the pup away, He chose me as his human and would keep coming back.

Thats been 6yrs. ago and although I think about my buddy all the time. Bailey has eased the pain of loosing him, I know that more than likely, it will happen again. And I know now after an amount of time, I will adopt a new one. I mean who else will put up with all your BS and be happier than ever to see you.
Thank's Boone
I feel the same way you do and as the others do. I dont think I have loved anything more in life than him, except of course my wife and daughter, but he's right with them.
Today was the hardest as it was the first day without him, this morning when I awoke I as always looked for him, I new he was'nt there but I still looked, I still feel like he's here with me.
As I write this the tears are rolling down my face as I just cannot forget the fun we had togeather he's usually right at my feet while Im on the forum.....I knew I loved my dog but I never realized how much.
Connie and I talked today about getting another, we probably will but not right away, mabey in the spring. Our lives are empty now execpt for eachother, but one day we'll bring home a happy little pup who we will love to pieces and give him the best life he could ever imagine.
Again Thank's Boone, I knew deep down you had a heart.
And to all the other's, My Wife Connie and I Thank You for the kind thoughts and wishes.
(BP)
Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

BP once again, sorry for your loss. Like the others said, he will always be with you but never replaced. Someday we will all be with our loved ones again in a better place. It might be hard to think about but you need to get another pup. Dogs need good homes and you can provide one for them. He will grow up around you and before you know it you will have another buddy and companion. Prayers are answered in many ways and a new friend might be just the ticket. When I was a young boy, I lost a dog by it getting hit by a car. He was my friend and followed me everywhere on the farm. A few days later when I came out of the house to go to school, there was a puppy laying on the outside door step. Nobody claimed to know where he came from (although I had my suspicions) he became a new friend for many years. BP take time, heal and know that there are people out here that you have never met that care. Be well.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

It is not easy to loose a pet. My black lab has been gone three years and twenty one days now. His name was Number Seven. I also had to take him to the vet, and it just crushed me. I remember after he was gone, I saw his food dishes in the corner and it all came back to me. I could not believe the emotions those bowls caused me. I stopped taking a morning walk for over a year because I felt no need to. It's not going to get easier. Not for a long time. But my mistake was not going out immediately and getting another puppy.

If you have room in your heart, perhaps a homeless rescue dog might help fill the void. You're not ever going to replace the one you lost. But someone new can be a great comfort.

Hang in there.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Shoot, my bully is sick now and it breaks my heart to see him like this. Like a baby or something.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry about your loss. The hardest things I have bout ever experienced in my life was my beagle dying when i was 7 and having to put my brothers whippet down when I inherited him after a divorce. May God steer another great dog in your path.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
It is not easy to loose a pet. My black lab has been gone three years and twenty one days now. His name was Number Seven. I also had to take him to the vet, and it just crushed me. I remember after he was gone, I saw his food dishes in the corner and it all came back to me. I could not believe the emotions those bowls caused me. I stopped taking a morning walk for over a year because I felt no need to. It's not going to get easier. Not for a long time. But my mistake was not going out immediately and getting another puppy.

If you have room in your heart, perhaps a homeless rescue dog might help fill the void. You're not ever going to replace the one you lost. But someone new can be a great comfort.

Hang in there.
Thank's Dave
I know what you mean Dave, his dogs dishes are still in the kitchen and his box of toys are still in the living room with all his favorites. But what hurt's most is his softball that he must have retrieved a million miles is sitting on the counter as you walk out our door, he looked for that first as he was going out side, he loved to run.
I swear he's laying next to me now as I write this, I can feel him, mabey he is here and trying to comfort me and cheer me up. But all of his things will stay as they are, mabey the next will love em as much as he did.
Connie and I will get another but not right away, were both to weak right now and would fall in love with the first one we see and want him. We want the next one to be the right one and as special as sabbath, he will have to be AKC registered with champion blood and Black.
Im sure there's one waiting to have the best life possible waiting for him here. He'll have acres to run in, a country home that will be all his and a run of the house and if he wants he can sleep in our bed. He'll never know how pain feels as we'll give him more love than he could ever imagine.
It's just so sad that such a beautiful animal who is so kind and loving has such a short time to spend with the one's who love him and he loved back.
Again Thank's Dave for the comfort and to all the other's who replied.
(BP)
Old 01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Shoot, my bully is sick now and it breaks my heart to see him like this. Like a baby or something.
Hope your Bully is ok MD, my prayers will go out to him.
(BP)
Old 01-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

bp my wife & i are very sorry to hear about the loss of your dog/ family member & our prayers go out to you. we"ve been thru this many times& believe me it seems to get harder with each passing . have you seen or read the rainbow bridge prayer for animals? it"s very touching. i now have a english black lab that has been thru acl surgery & found out that he was allergeric to the nyla thatwas used in his surgery& had to have that removed ' but he"s ok now ; but he is still having small problems with infections on that leg now & then & just kills us to see him go thru that & especially when he has trouble walking around sometimes .but he manages to get thru this.
remember this bp your pets own you: they just know where to put you in your place& i would not have it any other way. our heart & prayers go out to you & your wife. & yes a home is not a home without a dog ; so start looking for your new best friend & things will start to look on the bright side.