Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic........

Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Off Topic........

I have been through this 2 other times and I dont know if I can take it again. My Best Friend in the whole world my Black Lab Sabbath is at the Vet. My wife Connie and I had to take him there today and this is the first time in 10 years that he has been away from us, were devestated.
In the last couple of day's things just have'nt been going so well for him and were both afraid he may not come home again with us. He's been more than family and the best darn dog anyone could ever have, please say a Prayer for My Buddy.
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails Off Topic........-dsc04409.jpg   Off Topic........-dsc00497.jpg   Off Topic........-dsc00707.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that Breechplug. I've had dogs all of my life and loved every one. They're family members and it's tough when they go. I always say that's the last one, but always get another pup. It's just not a home without a dog.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Sorry to hear that Breechplug. I've had dogs all of my life and loved every one. They're family members and it's tough when they go. I always say that's the last one, but always get another pup. It's just not a home without a dog.
Thank's Semi....
I know exactly what you mean and I've said the same thing too. But this dog was smarter than a human, heck I think he thinks he's a human. He's not gone yet but Connie and I know what's comming when we get the phone call tomorrow and all we've been doing all night is balling our eye's out.
Im sure there's a handful of a Lab Pup out there soon who will be just jumping and licking on me to take him home, I just cant forget the others and have a hard time knowing that the next one will only be here for a short time no matter how good of a life I give him.
Each time I lose a Best Friend a part of me goes with him.
(BP)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel BP, I have had dogs all my life and right now have a yellow male and white female labs. Several years ago I use to have heelers and border collie. That male collie was the smartest dog I have ever had, I think he knew what I was thinking before I did. He died from renal disease when he was 7 years old, tore me up so I know how you feel. Best wishes to your lab.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear the bad news. I got a little tear in my eye reading your post as we lost our lab a year ago, and it made me think of her. Labs are magnificent dogs and I know how you feel. Maybe he'll get to go home with you. I pray that he will.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know how you feel I lost my best friend an Irish Setter some years a go to cancer and replaced her with a Black Lab who fell down the steps and broke his hip and it would not heal had each for 12 years and have not had one since.
I hope yours comes home better soon.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Three years ago this month, I was forced to take my black labrador who was 14 years old to the vet. It was the hardest thing a person has to do. I sure understand what you and your family is going through. My best wishes on your friends recovery. I have yet found the will to get another dog. Just too many family things going on right now. But I sure miss having one around.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

It is very hard. They become a part of the family. I had two Siberian Huskies that I lost in the same year. I had them fourteen yrs, broke my heart.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear and praying for a recovery. I have lost quit a few over the years and it never gets any easier losing a friend and loved one.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Spike

Feeling your pain B.P. As the others have stated, I believe we have all experienced the anguish and pain that you are feeling. It is hard to loose the only true friend that no matter how stupid we could get, they could'nt wait show their immense love for us. Best of luck.
JS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.