HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off Topic........
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
It is not easy to loose a pet. My black lab has been gone three years and twenty one days now. His name was Number Seven. I also had to take him to the vet, and it just crushed me. I remember after he was gone, I saw his food dishes in the corner and it all came back to me. I could not believe the emotions those bowls caused me. I stopped taking a morning walk for over a year because I felt no need to. It's not going to get easier. Not for a long time. But my mistake was not going out immediately and getting another puppy.

If you have room in your heart, perhaps a homeless rescue dog might help fill the void. You're not ever going to replace the one you lost. But someone new can be a great comfort.

Hang in there.
Thank's Dave
I know what you mean Dave, his dogs dishes are still in the kitchen and his box of toys are still in the living room with all his favorites. But what hurt's most is his softball that he must have retrieved a million miles is sitting on the counter as you walk out our door, he looked for that first as he was going out side, he loved to run.
I swear he's laying next to me now as I write this, I can feel him, mabey he is here and trying to comfort me and cheer me up. But all of his things will stay as they are, mabey the next will love em as much as he did.
Connie and I will get another but not right away, were both to weak right now and would fall in love with the first one we see and want him. We want the next one to be the right one and as special as sabbath, he will have to be AKC registered with champion blood and Black.
Im sure there's one waiting to have the best life possible waiting for him here. He'll have acres to run in, a country home that will be all his and a run of the house and if he wants he can sleep in our bed. He'll never know how pain feels as we'll give him more love than he could ever imagine.
It's just so sad that such a beautiful animal who is so kind and loving has such a short time to spend with the one's who love him and he loved back.
Again Thank's Dave for the comfort and to all the other's who replied.
(BP)