HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off Topic........
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Sorry to hear about your friend!!!

After I had to have my last Lab put down due to mass cell tumors. I swore, I would never have another. I had to take hime to the vet and sit while they put him down, it was the hardest thing, I had ever been thru. That includes my grandparents funerals, I know that sounds bad but, I loved my dog. Probably more than any human other than my son and wife. He was essentially my second kid. I had him cremated and he sits on my mantle beside my favorite picture of him and me.

After about 9months my wife came home with another chocolate lab, She later said she thought it was time. I kept my distance for as long as I could stand (about a week) I just didn't want to get attached. No matter how I tried to push the pup away, He chose me as his human and would keep coming back.

Thats been 6yrs. ago and although I think about my buddy all the time. Bailey has eased the pain of loosing him, I know that more than likely, it will happen again. And I know now after an amount of time, I will adopt a new one. I mean who else will put up with all your BS and be happier than ever to see you.
Thank's Boone
I feel the same way you do and as the others do. I dont think I have loved anything more in life than him, except of course my wife and daughter, but he's right with them.
Today was the hardest as it was the first day without him, this morning when I awoke I as always looked for him, I new he was'nt there but I still looked, I still feel like he's here with me.
As I write this the tears are rolling down my face as I just cannot forget the fun we had togeather he's usually right at my feet while Im on the forum.....I knew I loved my dog but I never realized how much.
Connie and I talked today about getting another, we probably will but not right away, mabey in the spring. Our lives are empty now execpt for eachother, but one day we'll bring home a happy little pup who we will love to pieces and give him the best life he could ever imagine.
Again Thank's Boone, I knew deep down you had a heart.
And to all the other's, My Wife Connie and I Thank You for the kind thoughts and wishes.
(BP)