Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima >

CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

Old 10-18-2011, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

So, this is what I got back this morning straight from the factory....
Apex & Accura...
All others, not so much...

They very well might be made at the Bergara factory.. but they are NOT stamped, therefore not "Bergara". I replied asking then why does the website state all CVA's use Bergara if they really dont... I'll post the reply when I get it.

Muley... I posted the phone numbers for you and your free long distance!

Cheers!

Alex
Some older models have the Bergara barrels. But new models only the Apex and Accura-V2 models.
Jason Sebo
Customer Service Representative
www.bpiguns.com
(770) 449-4687 Ext 116
Fax 770-242-8546
Old 10-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the real question is why isn't a barrel made in the Bergara factory not a Bergara, and what is the difference between one stamped and not stamped?

The problem here is the same company owns Bergara and CVA. How are we suppose to get a straight answer?

I would love to talk to a Bergara employee, and ask him what the difference is between an Optima and Accura barrel. We might get the truth that way. I certainly don't expect it from a CVA customer rep who is told what to say.

If they would say the Accura has a premium Bergara barrel, and the Optima has a lesser grade Bergara barrel. It would be easier to swallow. To tell me Bergara makes a barrel, but it's not a Bergara barrel insults my intelligence. If it isn't a Bergara. What is it?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to call him. I'm tired of this second hand run around. Let's see if I can trap him into telling me the truth.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just got off the phone with Thomas. he's also a customer rep at CVA like Jason. Jason is pulling parts today, and I couldn't get a hold of him.

We talked about a lot of things, including the barrels. The Accura barrels are what CVA likes to call premium Bergara barrels. Which means they have a final stage of polishing that the Optima doesn't receive. CVA pays more for the Accura barrels to receive this service, and has them stamped Bergara. Up to the point of receiving the extra polishing. The Optima and Accura barrels are exactly the same. As Jon and I have said.

You're all free to call them up and get the same info. Thomas's extension is #101.

I got some other info on the stocks. The only stock that's made just to be used for a scope is the Optima thumbhole. The Accura TH stock is a compromise for a scope and open sights. All the other pistol grip stocks are made for open sights.

So, I ordered an Optima with a TH stock, and i'll polish the barrel myself. Proper stock fit is more important to me than some extra polishing.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Banned

most likely wont need much polishing either. My new Optima was a mirror right out of the box.

Just take the stock and fore arm off and use some gun scrubber to blow the grease out of the inners the best you can, let dry and then use some barricade and again spray it down good.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah Thomas.....the one that sent me the wrong frame for my V2......TWICE.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by chaded
Oh yeah Thomas.....the one that sent me the wrong frame for my V2......TWICE.
Works for me.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cust Rep???

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I would love to talk to a Bergara employee, and ask him what the difference is between an Optima and Accura barrel. We might get the truth that way. I certainly don't expect it from a CVA customer rep who is told what to say.
Muley... you wouldnt believe what Jason told me in a email because he was a customer rep, but you dote on what Thomas (a customer rep) told you over the phone... make sense..
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

What Jason said didn't make sense. He must have misread his script.

Anyway, he's pulling parts now.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default ???

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
What Jason said didn't make sense. He must have misread his script.
Anyway, he's pulling parts now.
Am I the only one confused?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.