Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima >

CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

Old 10-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

what are the main differences between the CVA Accura V2 and the Optima. I thought it was just the barrel on the V2 being the Bergarra. However, I could have swore I saw something that stated the Optima came with a bergarra as well.

PS. I'm looking for something that had hold a group. I'm currently shooting a TC Encore Prohunter with belm TC trigger work and over sized hinge pin. I've tried everything from black horn to whitehots and every bullet under the sun. cleaning between shots etc. and this gun sucks!!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

All CVA"s have Bergarra Barrels, the ones they label are only there premium models that go through additional processes in the factory.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

You could always put a bergara barrel on your Pro Hunter. A couple people I know as well as myself have them on our Pro Hunters and there tack drivers.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

why should I have to put a bergarra barrel on my $800 TC to get it to shoot like a $400 CVA? I know many people that have dropped their Encores for the CVA and aren't looking back. only thing I like about the TC is the looks.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

I sent you a PM.

Bergara Encore barrels run $250.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well I never said you HAD to do anything it was just a suggestion. I'm sorry you paid that much for your encore.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Kirch;3860609]why should I have to put a bergarra barrel on my $800 TC to get it to shoot like a $400 CVA?

Please forgive me, but, that is just plain hilarious!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both the Accura and Optima have Bergara barrels and should shoot very well once you find the right load. They do handle differently, so I would recommend handling both of them and seeing which one fits you the best. Shouldering the 2, I really like the way the Accura feels more so than the Optima, but it really boils down to personal preference.

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with your Encore- I have 2 CVA's and 1 Knight, and all 3 of them shoot very accurately.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kirch
what are the main differences between the CVA Accura V2 and the Optima. I thought it was just the barrel on the V2 being the Bergarra. However, I could have swore I saw something that stated the Optima came with a bergarra as well.

PS. I'm looking for something that had hold a group. I'm currently shooting a TC Encore Prohunter with belm TC trigger work and over sized hinge pin. I've tried everything from black horn to whitehots and every bullet under the sun. cleaning between shots etc. and this gun sucks!!
Please give us a little info on what bullets, powders,sabots and group sizes ETC, you have tried in that pro hunter. thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

pluckit,
glad you got a kick out of that comment..... i knew someone would.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.