Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima

Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

Guys i dont know why the argument is still going on LOL.

CVA rifles that wear the Bergara barrel name:

CVA Optima Elite
CVA Accura
CVA Accura V2
CVA Apex
CVA Electra

Now on SOME old model Optimas and the Kodiaks did have a small run of Bergara barrels on them. These are the old model guns though and not many out there with that barrel installed.

Now the new Optima, Wolf, Scout " centerfire" Elkhorn, All use the Bergara barrel but these are the lower priced rifles and in order to keep the price tag down, they simply skip that multi honing process.

Its not hard to understand guys. The higher priced guns get the extra polishing while their lower cost guns skip it to keep it affordable to the average joe.

Think back on the muscle car days, you can buy the charger with the 383 at the lower basic price or go all out for extra polishing on the 426 for a good deal more.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 10-18-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default because its fun....

THanks for the info MD54...

But Muley is contradicting himself and thats why its still going on... but I dont see it as a arguement... its just a friendly conversation...

AND 383 compared to the 426 hemi???... although all the other info you have given has been AWESOME... the engine analogy is WAY off base....

Last edited by Alex G.; 10-18-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

i gottcha.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Alex G. View Post
THanks for the info MD54...

But Muley is contradicting himself and thats why its still going on... but I dont see it as a arguement... its just a friendly conversation...

AND 383 compared to the 426 hemi???... although all the other info you have given has been AWESOME... the engine analogy is WAY off base....
There is a difference to me. I'll try and explain. You got a quick e-mail from a rep that is probably told to say that. he was right in saying the Accura is a better barrel. It's because it has extra polishing. Not because it's the only Bergara barrel in the line up. Which is all I said from the beginning. I knew an Accura barrel had extra work done to it. I also knew later when I bought an Optima that it was an Bargara barrel without the polishing.

I called up wanting to talk to Jason, but he wasn't available. I talked to Thomas for a good 30 minutes. We talked a lot about the barrels. We also talked about me buying another CVA. It would have been easy for him to tell me the Accura is the only Bergara barrel in the CVA line up to make a sale. He didn't though. He was honest and told me the truth.

Jason was wrong in what he said. he should have said the Accura has a premium Bergara barrel, but the other inlines have a Bergara barrel.

Didn't I say that from the beginning of this thread? It's hard to help here. Even with good information.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Your explaination is noted... but you still spoke with a cust service rep, just as I did via email... just because you spoke with him doesnt overshadow the distain that you sent towards Jason responce...

In ref to Bergara Barrels...
Is a chevy still a chevy if it doesnt have the chevy logo/emblem?
Is a chevy still a chevy if it doesnt have that emblem & go thru the same quality control or finishing procedures that a chevy does?
No... its not. It might be made in the same factory, but the manufacturing process is different for a reason, its different to save dollars. If the company... and this is whatever company is out there... will not put their logo/name on a product, then they choose not to for a reason. Because the company feels its not a good enough product to hold their name... Now will that product live up to the companies life expectancy and performance expectations? Perhaps, but their name is not on the product for a reason.
I dont know of any garage gunsmith or shooter that has the equipment or resources that a manufacturer like Bergara does to finish/polish their barrels better than what we would receive without the Bergara head stamp. And why would anyone want to even try it... I have no doubt that when I receive my Optima I will be completely satisfied with the product that I receive... It will be an CVA Optima with a barrel made by Bergara for CVA, not a CVA with a Bergara barrel.

Your explaination didnt explain anything other than was already noted in this string... you dispelled 1 CS reps explaination but took anothers to heart.... he told you all CVA's had Bergara barrrels when that isnt true AND let him talk you into buying a gun!

Cheers....

MD54... your info has been spot on.. thanks for the help!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever. You're just another one who wants to argue.

I'm going to stop trying to help, and just bust balls from now on. It's way more fun than this crap.

btw I'd be willing to bet the CEO of CVA will say the Optima has a Bergara barrel. Would that make the CEO or Jason right?