Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Just for your information >

Just for your information

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just for your information

Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Banned

SOB semi. As soon as i went to the link that stupid " up up and away in my beautiful balloon" song popped into my head. I HATE THAT SONG
Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

My work here is done.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The accusation has been shown to be false and libelous. Unless Jr has some real proof to offer to support his allegation, he should offer a detailed SINCERE apology or be banned - AGAIN.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned

considering how he ran over here,when it took place on another forum, hes at fault for this post and what followed. Along with him making false claims of posting under the name HOGGHEAD over on modern muzzle loader certainly has me scratching my head and wondering what hes talking about. It will take a good deal of time before i pay less attention to these names now.

Steve dont you ever have anything to post? I swear you just pop up to talk down on me and give me cra p.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still can't admit you wrongly called a man a thief and a liar.
Where or what I post does not change that.
Keep showing that fine stuff you are made of Jr.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Bringing this up again for what reason? You admitted that the plug was fudged up and others saw it that way as well. It would go in but VERY toughly.

Even though you did tighten up the headspace a bit, it wasnt no where near enough to seal off the blow by from the primer. My firing pin bushing is backed out .016" A LOT more than what you adjusted your plug for.

That angers me Ron that you still carry on with this. I know you said you dont mind it being dirty, but you sure did shim up your V2 and back the firing pin bushing out .020" !!
Well, well, well, back then you wrote the primer pocket was too deep; now you write i tightened the head space some. At least you now are correct. Whether or not you lied back then, or were just ignorant, you are the only one that knows.

It 'angers' you that i wish the truth be written? That's ironic. I should be the angry one. It was my reputation you tarnished with false statements.

The first thing i did, when i received the plug back from you is thread it into my test piece. It threaded right in with no issue whatsoever. The pictures you posted showed threads that looked ugly, but it turned out they worked just fine.

Why do you now mention the 0.020", and the 0.016" measurements? Those measurements were taken on the V2. That plug was made for a pre-2010 Accura. Those measurements have nothing to do with that plug. Oh, wait, did you use that plug in your V2? No wonder you had so much trouble.

Thank you for finally recognizing the plug did indeed reduce head space some. I wish you could have been correct the first time around. The false things you wrote are archived, and will be floating around on the internet for as long as the internet exists.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

One day I'll develop a way for an aggrieved party to deliver a right cross through the internet. When I do, punks like him will best think twice before hurling accusations.

Until then, us thoughtful and mature men must maintain our vigilance against the keyboard bomb throwers and spammers.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck
One day I'll develop a way for an aggrieved party to deliver a right cross through the internet. When I do, punks like him will best think twice before hurling accusations.

Until then, us thoughtful and mature men must maintain our vigilance against the keyboard bomb throwers and spammers.
x2 on that and that's why in a earlier post on this thread, i mentioned a trip to the wood shed,for some manner lessons! Ray !
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

So you admit that you get free products from these companies in turn for pushing their products?

How does one get free products from a company anyway? If Speer wanted to send me some free Gold Dots, I'd tell on the forum that I like them, since I do. I'd however not push crap like MD does just because a company offered to send me a few free samples.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Well, well, well, back then you wrote the primer pocket was too deep; now you write i tightened the head space some. At least you now are correct. Whether or not you lied back then, or were just ignorant, you are the only one that knows. You said you tightened it, no where near what it needed to be but i will take your word on it.

It 'angers' you that i wish the truth be written? That's ironic. I should be the angry one. It was my reputation you tarnished with false statements. The truth is, the head primer pocket wasnt adjusted enough. Was it your fault? No! No 2 rifles have the same head spacing

The first thing i did, when i received the plug back from you is thread it into my test piece. It threaded right in with no issue whatsoever. The pictures you posted showed threads that looked ugly, but it turned out they worked just fine. From my understanding, you went and used a file to straighten up rolled over threads that were clearly in the picture. Everyone that saw the plug knew the threads wernt right.

Why do you now mention the 0.020", and the 0.016" measurements? Those measurements were taken on the V2. That plug was made for a pre-2010 Accura. Those measurements have nothing to do with that plug. Oh, wait, did you use that plug in your V2? No wonder you had so much trouble. What? You're starting to get kooky now.

Thank you for finally recognizing the plug did indeed reduce head space some. I wish you could have been correct the first time around. The false things you wrote are archived, and will be floating around on the internet for as long as the internet exists.
Considering how my firing pin bushing on the V1 was adjusted .016" outward after installing the plug, There wasnt much left to do in order to get it to shoot clean.

Just check the threads out better is all i am saying, i was lucky it didnt ruin my BP threads inside the barrel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.