Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Just for your information >

Just for your information

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just for your information

Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
  #61  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boncarbo,Colorado
Posts: 9,186
Default

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
So you admit that you get free products from these companies in turn for pushing their products?

How does one get free products from a company anyway? If Speer wanted to send me some free Gold Dots, I'd tell on the forum that I like them, since I do. I'd however not push crap like MD does just because a company offered to send me a few free samples.
I get some free products for testings and building up data for my forum members when - if they need help. I am not the only one on here that gets free stuff now and then. And i dont push, i simply shoot, document it and type up my experiences with that product, good or bad. You know when someone comes along as says, How do those new aerolites shoot and someone on here goes, Ooooooh i wont shoot powerbelts they are crap!

Well how do you know the Aerolites are crap when you never shot them or did any testing with them? They dont, they are just basing it off past experience with old powerbelts when they were shooting them incorrectly.

I dont push products, i just simply use what i shoot in the field.

HTM, you've been here long enough to see who's getting the free stuff. I am not going to even bother mentioning names.

But in truth, its not hard getting the stuff to test out, if anyone wants to know the "secrets" just ask me or one of the others on here that test stuff out.
MountainDevil54 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 AM
  #62  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,519
Default

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I get some free products for testings and building up data for my forum members when - if they need help. I am not the only one on here that gets free stuff now and then. And i dont push, i simply shoot, document it and type up my experiences with that product, good or bad. You know when someone comes along as says, How do those new aerolites shoot and someone on here goes, Ooooooh i wont shoot powerbelts they are crap!

Well how do you know the Aerolites are crap when you never shot them or did any testing with them? They dont, they are just basing it off past experience with old powerbelts when they were shooting them incorrectly.

I dont push products, i just simply use what i shoot in the field.

HTM, you've been here long enough to see who's getting the free stuff. I am not going to even bother mentioning names.

But in truth, its not hard getting the stuff to test out, if anyone wants to know the "secrets" just ask me or one of the others on here that test stuff out.
I originally thought that's what you were doing, but after watching for a while, I've never seen you test a product and say anything bad about it. Some are products that I've personally used, and found to not work very well. That made me start being skeptical. You aren't the only one that does it either though.
hometheaterman is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
  #63  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boncarbo,Colorado
Posts: 9,186
Default

exactly what i explained in the PM to you.

But for everyone else, I know for a fact it seems like i have nothing bad to say about the stuff i shoot. Thats not quite true, i have quite a few products right now where i've actually had to modify and fix because of problems. I've fixed these but for the price they cost, i shouldnt have to be modifying these items. I will take pictures and write about what happened and how do fix it should you choose to do so.

HTM, i really wish people would speak up about products they use and explain what the issues were. I think its important to hear these things and take a look at them to see whats going on. Kind of like what i did with the Powebelt bullet. I did all my testing, tested with my own inserts and another guys inserts, found that the smooth shaft insert isnt worth a snot and told powerbelt bullets just that, along with pictures of my inserts and how to do it right. I honestly think you have to be on a companies payroll before they will take you seriously, thats what ive come to figure.
MountainDevil54 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
  #64  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
So you admit that you get free products from these companies in turn for pushing their products?

How does one get free products from a company anyway? If Speer wanted to send me some free Gold Dots, I'd tell on the forum that I like them, since I do. I'd however not push crap like MD does just because a company offered to send me a few free samples.
It is more than just free products,he has a web site and a blog and both generate dollars VIA advertising.does anyone really think for a minute a site like "this" or FG'S doesn't generate revenue? they can be quite lucrative.it cost money to set up sites and maintain them.huntingnet is a first rate site and i hope it stays that way.
builder459 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
  #65  
Nontypical Buck
 
7.62NATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
Hunting PA is one of my two home forums. Anyone on here can go to their forum and read what he said. Then you be the judge. The words speak for themself. He is only a member there to spew his CVA rhetoric. Why else would a guy from CO be on a PA forum??

And if you read the two posts on Hunting PA you will see that he lied again,. He did not call me out. I called him out for BS posting. Just go read the two threads in their MZ forum. Then judge for yourself.
Maybe I am missing something here...and before I say anything else, I'm not siding with anyone. But, am I correct in stating that these accusations coming from MD were made on another forum and not here on HNI? If that's the case, then why on earth did you start this thread???
7.62NATO is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
  #66  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boncarbo,Colorado
Posts: 9,186
Default

Originally Posted by builder459
It is more than just free products,he has a web site and a blog and both generate dollars VIA advertising.does anyone really think for a minute a site like "this" or FG'S doesn't generate revenue? they can be quite lucrative.it cost money to set up sites and maintain them.huntingnet is a first rate site and i hope it stays that way.
Im sorry builder but i dont make one penny off my website or forum, its strictly to build data on one brand of rifles before i move on to the next brand of rifle and work up data for that brand. I know you dont like the products that i use, but its what i use during colorados muzzle loading season. Its the same stuff my brother in law uses just south of the boarder in new mexico.

Ive even gone as far as selling all my inlines and shot traditional muzzle loaders with patched round balls just to shut everyone up and get them off my back. I no longer will do that, i am going to shoot what i want, no matter what you or anyone else has to say about it.
MountainDevil54 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
  #67  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boncarbo,Colorado
Posts: 9,186
Default

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Maybe I am missing something here...and before I say anything else, I'm not siding with anyone. But, am I correct in stating that these accusations coming from MD were made on another forum and not here on HNI? If that's the case, then why on earth did you start this thread???
Thats correct, it was started on huntingpa when i saw the name and the name took some shots at me and i called out the name.
MountainDevil54 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
  #68  
Nontypical Buck
 
hubby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Clifton, VA
Posts: 1,104
Default

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Maybe I am missing something here...and before I say anything else, I'm not siding with anyone. But, am I correct in stating that these accusations coming from MD were made on another forum and not here on HNI? If that's the case, then why on earth did you start this thread???
Others have expressed pretty well what I feel about making accusations without solid proof so I'll not repeat those issues.

I'll just say that regarding why this thread was started, given that the incident involving the lying and fraud originally occurred on this site, IMO, it was appropriate to address the matter here.
hubby11 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM
  #69  
Nontypical Buck
 
7.62NATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,473
Default

Originally Posted by hubby11
Others have expressed pretty well what I feel about making accusations without solid proof so I'll not repeat those issues.

I'll just say that regarding why this thread was started, given that the incident involving the lying and fraud originally occurred on this site, IMO, it was appropriate to address the matter here.
Curious...what thread did this all start in?
7.62NATO is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
  #70  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,037
Default

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Curious...what thread did this all start in?
Well once upon a time there was this flocker named IndianaSmokepole or Lungbuster and another nice guy named Saxman who needed a kidney. The flocker liked guns but had no money so he thought he would start a raffle and donate a gun to give away and then give all the money to Saxman who was very sick. So all lot of guys entered the raffle for a good cause and they all got flocked because da bad guy kept all the money for his own self. Everybody got pizzed and then we kind of forgot about it all or tried to.
The End
flounder33 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.