Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader. >

Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Most accurate: Probably one of the Whites but hard to find the best when they are all very good. I may like the .451 Super 91 the best for accuracy based on others experience. Don't have it yet but comming soon. My Omega was good as received but the plastic stock caused problems as the rifle got used some and is now one of the worst for accuracy (needs bedding and some other work).

Worst: No contest, it was the Traditions Pursuit LT. It was difficult to get decent accuracy but a lot was the terrible trigger. I sold it before ever getting a good group (actually traded it for a .50 NEF Huntsman).

Favorite: Right now I would possibly pick the NEF Huntsman .50 for hunting and the White U-Mag for just shooting. The U-Mag is a little heavy unless you are not walking a lot. I can operate the Huntsman action easier with old hands and bad thumbs. (side note: the Huntsman was used and couldn't consider it best "out of the box" as a few alterations went into making it as nice as it is now; Stock, breechplug, scope, ramrod etc).

Last edited by MLKeith; 12-28-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

i never in my life seen such a big difference on what IN-LINE gun is best /worst.maybe a POLL is needed with each gun on poll.
my head is spinning