Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader. >

Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader.

Favorite: Pro Hunter in the .50 caliber, stainless Thumbhole stcok. I am hooked on those TH stocks now. I like my Wolf scoped as it is quick short woods walking shooter.
Worst: Traditions Tracker 209, it gave me fits, but it was also my starter gun, blow back and i new nothing about MLing.
High on List my Lyman Deerstalker flint in 50. I never new how much fun it could be to shoot that firestarter.
New and virgin TC New Englander, found one cheap, great shape and reading great things about this caplock.

I am so new I probably don't know good from bad, I do know what is comfortable and fun, that is my judge right now! Cheers to the originator of this thread!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Most accurate was/is My White Super 91 in .451.

Worst was a old TC Firehawk in .58 cal. Never could get that thing to shoot.

My favorite is my White Super 91 in .504. I can load and shoot that gun all day long without swabbing.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where's my free prize now for taking the survey

You should be receiving your CVA Wolf any day now!!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Steve863

Where's my free prize now for taking the survey

You should be receiving your CVA Wolf any day now!!
No ! Didn't you read his post... he wants to take a stab at another CVA Kodiak Pro .45 Cal.

Sorry.. couldn't resist.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Most accurate: 50cal Pro Hunter. Right out of the box it was a shooter. Made it even better with some trigger work I did.

Worst accurate: Out of the three MLs I have owned (and still own) I will have to say my Lyman Deer Stalker...but don't get me wrong...it's a good shooter and I love to shoot PRB out of her. Out of the box with the flip up rear sight it shot good but I improved that with a Lyman Peep.

Favorite: The Pro Hunter but I'm really likeing that 45cal Accura with the thumbhole stock.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed your Lyman Deer Stalker not being accurate. Did you know it's a 1 and 48 twist? I have had alot better success with 1 and 66 twist using prb. My DeerStalker is really accurate with Sabots.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

I noticed your Lyman Deer Stalker not being accurate. Did you know it's a 1 and 48 twist? I have had alot better success with 1 and 66 twist using prb. My DeerStalker is really accurate with Sabots.

No...actually I think it is accurate. I use it for PRB mostly and realize a slower twist may be better for that projectile but that's what I enjoy shooting out of her. I have tried sabots also but like to use my inlines for that type of shooting.

In other words...I do not have any inaccurate guns. But of the three I own I guess I would have to rate the Lyman least accurate. But that could be because I haven't experimented enough with it.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody got a Knight Disc Elite in 45cal they want to get rid of?
Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Spike

I got a cva optima elite, I've shoot from 75 to 180 yards. It's maybe impossible to beat this gun.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Worst out of the box, by a HUGE margin! was a TC Encore 209x.45 POS as delivered. #2 would have been a very early CVA Optima.

Best out of the box - hard call - White Umag, CVA Accura, CVA Apex in no particular order.

Quick Reply: Most accurate, Worst, Favorite out of the box Muzzleloader.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.