Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 favorite hunting show (and worst) >

favorite hunting show (and worst)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

favorite hunting show (and worst)

Old 02-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default favorite hunting show (and worst)

so we all know that everyone is boycotting Better Builts Outdoors. What is your favorite hunting show. And which don't you like and why (besides BB).

I like watching most hunting shows if they are hunting for big game or turkey (not really into watching wing shooting or waterfowl) anyway I like - Primos Truth; Wild Outdoors (Jay Gregory), American Archer, Babe Winkleman, among others.

can't really say that i dislike any offhand (but definitely like some a lot more than others)
Old 02-08-2004, 08:47 AM

Default RE: favorite hunting show (and worst)

Realtree Roadtrips would have to be my favorite. And Hunting with Keith Warren would be my least favorite.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:00 AM

I really like Taxidermy Trails, except that I have only seen two different epsiodes from them [>:] Also, The Truth is good, and Bushnells Hunting is good too.

I really don't like Babe Winklemans show. The only reason I don't is that I am sick of him plugging every single product that he owns, Heck, he probablly would plug Charmin toilet paper if he could get money from it Keith Warrens outdoors is the same way, and do I have to mention "Spirit of the Wild"?
Giant Nontypical

Team Fitzgerald and Spirit of the wild are my favourite show's.

nubo

P.S. Sorry buck but I like Ted! haha
Nontypical Buck

Buck Masters = Worst Hunting show, in my opinion.
It's like watching a thousand commercials in half an hour[:-]

I'm not sure if I have a favorite show, but there are some that are better than others. I kinda like the big-game hunting shows the best. Especially when they are bowhunting. It's just more fun to see them harvest an animal up close.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:10 AM

I like Primos truth about hunting and the Spirit of the Wild....I think Ted makes hunting fun to watch and is more likely to get younger views out in the woods.....Now I know I hope that the younger kids don't act the same way but we need someone too keep an entertaing view out there to help keep our sport alive.

The worst.....Hunting with Hank
Old 02-08-2004, 09:10 AM

[:'(]None of the shows on ch.126 really thrill me. It's nice to see the big bucks they harvest, but most are unrealistic for the average hunter. That is unless you have three grand or so to thow away on a guided hunt. I don't!
I guess if I did have to pick one, I might go with Jay Gregory. At least his wife is half-way good looking.
I prefer the older videos from my library. I have about 120 that I rotate through the course of the year. Kind of takes the edge off during the off season!

J-bow[&:]
Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

yep - I forgot Bushnells (it hasn't been on that much it seems or I have been missing it)
That may actually be my favorite come to think about it - i like dave watson, he's a "straight shooter"/tells it like it is

I just happen to be watching Keith Warren and I know that there was a thread a year ago or so bashing him and his show - i have to admit that i watch his shows and find them ok

by the way - they have to pawn product to help pay the bills, however I know what you are saying about it getting a bit old

as for the Nuge - he can be a bit overbearing, at times, but one thing yopu can say about him - he is 100% enthusiastic about bow hunting and I think he is a good spokesperson for the sport (especially combating the extremists)
Old 02-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious, what channels do you guys have that offer hunting/fishing shows? I only have OLN (which stinks) and ESPN2. Both of those channels offer only a few different shows and only during certains times of the day.[:'(]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like- Primo's,Knight and Hale, Dave Watson and American Archer in no particular order.

Dislike alot, Spirit of the corn pile, Texas Trophy buyers and Kieth i don't really know how to hunt Warren.

Quick Reply: favorite hunting show (and worst)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.