Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

surgery tomorrow

Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: surgery tomorrow

hey cayugad. . . she still won't talk to me. Sent your tagline to a neighbor across the street . . . his wife won't talk to me anymore.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

I had it done last year not fun but it the last step before surgery: we must be talking about your back correct:
I had them place the long needles into my neck on C-3 threw C7 I hope it works for you myself it did not work .I did flip the coin after a few years of trying everything
they had too offer.I had surgery last dec: 5,08 they removed to disc C-5 C-6 @ C-7
I will say the pain is about 60 percent better I still have one bad disc C-3,The Dr. stated to let it alone otherwise trying to turn the head left or right may be more problems
I have a small metal plate with 3 screws and yes on cold damp days it stiff but better then it use to be
GOOD LUCK HOPE IT WORKS WELL FOR YOU
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Damn are we gettin older or what? I'm having back surgery too tomorrow 2/5. They are suppose to call today between noon and 4pm to let me know what time I need to show up. I hope it's early...I got bone spurs and something called spinal stenosis that is pinching off the nerves running down my legs in the L2-3, 4-5 disks plus they are also herniated (sp?). I've had the cortizone shots and they worked great for a short time. But I would have had 3 shots in about 7 months and they said no more. Good luck dustyr, we'll be back shooting before you know it.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

GOOD LUCK
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Damn are we gettin older or what? I'm having back surgery too tomorrow 2/5. They are suppose to call today between noon and 4pm to let me know what time I need to show up. I hope it's early...I got bone spurs and something called spinal stenosis that is pinching off the nerves running down my legs in the L2-3, 4-5 disks plus they are also herniated (sp?). I've had the cortizone shots and they worked great for a short time. But I would have had 3 shots in about 7 months and they said no more. Good luck dustyr, we'll be back shooting before you know it.
you have to get floor and pull your legs up and hold.
thats only way to relieve pressure on your l2,l3 discs.
BEEN THERE ,DONE THAT.

doctor sproul has spoken
Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

BEEN THERE ,DONE THAT.

doctor sproul has spoken

Sorry Doc. Been there, done that. 2 months worth of therapy. My spinal column is closing up with bone spurs and such. No ammount of exercise or therapy will straighten my problems out. So where do I file my case against you for malpractice.....
Old 02-04-2009, 12:48 PM

I had the L-5/S-1disc removed last May. A piece had come of and wedged the nerves against the vertabrae and I suffered with pain and paralysis for 2 month's. Post surgery was a bit painful but nothing more than I had experienced prior to it. I now feel better than I did 5 years ago. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

BEEN THERE ,DONE THAT.

doctor sproul has spoken

Sorry Doc. Been there, done that. 2 months worth of therapy. My spinal column is closing up with bone spurs and such. No ammount of exercise or therapy will straighten my problems out. So where do I file my case against you for malpractice.....
well, hmmmmm, ahhhhhh, DR .SPROUL HERE.

all kidding aside, sorry to hear that.

i also have same problems.

only thing that helps me is above but i hate to get on floor to do it.

go to swimming pool and you will not believe how good it makes you feel, takes pressure off your back.

my l2/l3 are herinated but i live with it as best i can.

wqorst part is climbing down my treestand after sitting ,OH MY,my feet feel like stubs on steps.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ken Catch

I had the L-5/S-1disc removed last May. A piece had come of and wedged the nerves against the vertabrae and I suffered with pain and paralysis for 2 month's. Post surgery was a bit painful but nothing more than I had experienced prior to it. I now feel better than I did 5 years ago. Good luck!
great
Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I survived. The anesthetist was unable to put the nerve block in place for some reason, although he did try.

Should have been more specific on what kind of surgery - left shoulder rotator cuff tear. Turned out to be more severe than the MRI report stated (60% thickness tear of the biceps tendon).When my surgeon went in, he found that it was closer to 90%! He told me that in order to repair it, he had to "break" the last 10% , then put some screw anchors in the bone and tie it all back together. Going to make recovery a lot harder and longer - surgeon said at least 6 months (which really sucks because I haven't been able to work for the last 6 months; thankfully I have short and long term disability plus my military retirement).

Quick Reply: surgery tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.