Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

surgery tomorrow

Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default surgery tomorrow

Just found out that I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 IN THE MORNING Geez

Although I'd rather it be done as early as possible . . . it ain't even opening day

Wife is not here at the moment - lunch date with a friend She sure as hell is not going to be pleased about this (she is not a morning person)

I'm not so much concerned about the surgery itself . . . but they are going to put a nerve block in place prior to the surgery itself. It's called an "interscalene nerve block" - something I never heard of before. I probably should have not researched what that was, or more specifically, the procedure to put it in place I'm more apprehensive about that than the surgery itself

Guess the best I can hope for is that all of this will allow to me to go back to work

What can I do to get my mind off of tomorrow?
1. Do some shooting? naw - hurt too much when I did that last week
2. Clean the Bobcat sidelock (again)? Not a problem, but I can't make that last that long. Besides, I want to reblue it and don't want to leave it bare metal for the next couple of weeks.

hmmmmmmmmmm . . . anyone got any ideas?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: surgery tomorrow

What can I do to get my mind off of tomorrow? hmmmmmmmmmm . . . anyone got any ideas?
Yeah dustyr, you can come clean out my garage. Well, there's always a .22 rimfire.

Don't worry about the nerve block - it's as common as crooked politicians. Good luck with the surgery.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck dusty
Old 02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Hope all goes well for you !!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

That is a pretty common procedure from what I understand. So I would not get too worried about it. Good luck with the surgery and just try and relax. As for something to do.. when I have times like this, I read. Good luck with everything and get well soon.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everything goes well for you with the Surgery. Hope you can get back to shooting in no time.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dustyr

Just found out that I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 IN THE MORNING Geez

Although I'd rather it be done as early as possible . . . it ain't even opening day

Wife is not here at the moment - lunch date with a friend She sure as hell is not going to be pleased about this (she is not a morning person)

I'm not so much concerned about the surgery itself . . . but they are going to put a nerve block in place prior to the surgery itself. It's called an "interscalene nerve block" - something I never heard of before. I probably should have not researched what that was, or more specifically, the procedure to put it in place I'm more apprehensive about that than the surgery itself

Guess the best I can hope for is that all of this will allow to me to go back to work

What can I do to get my mind off of tomorrow?
1. Do some shooting? naw - hurt too much when I did that last week
2. Clean the Bobcat sidelock (again)? Not a problem, but I can't make that last that long. Besides, I want to reblue it and don't want to leave it bare metal for the next couple of weeks.

hmmmmmmmmmm . . . anyone got any ideas?
i had that nerve thing and i did not work.

best thing for your back is lay on floor and pull you knee to your chest.

in car, roll up towel and put it behind your lower back.

thompson reblued my barrel for me and it came out real nice.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Good luck with your surgery dustyr.you will have it behind you soon and back to shooting.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

As for cleaning someoone else's garage . . . forget it. I have a hard enough time doing my own.

5:45 in the morning?!!!!!!!! I'm not even on a stand that early during the season.

Well, I did do aVERY deep cleaning on the Bobcat . . . the moreIlook at that thing, the more I want to put a wood stock on it.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the surgery. Don't worry about the wife being a morning person worry about you.
I also am a reader. I like John Sanford books.
[]Hunting mags bore me to death these days.
[&:]Ever notice how all the stories end with a record book animal?

Al

Quick Reply: surgery tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.